I just received my OEM black Curve leather case and black rubberized skin from RIM ... BlackBerry Curve forum

perlguy9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM

Thumbs up OEM Curve Case & Skin First Impressions

Advertisement

I just received my OEM black Curve leather case and black rubberized skin from RIM via DHL today.

On first impression, they're great. The case is MUCH better than the 8700 case I've been using. Much smaller, much more snug, and you don't have to "center" the magnet to get the latch to hold securely. Nicer leather too.

The black rubberized skin is pretty cool too. I like the way it looks, and it makes the Curve easier to hold.

My only wish is that the skin were a tad bit tighter on the sides.. maybe a bit smaller, where you had to stretch it over the Curve just a bit more so it snapped tighter.

All in all, very good stuff.

Here are links to the items I'm referring to:

Case Link

Skin Link

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: OEM Curve Case & Skin First Impressions

have to agree, the case is very nice... much softer leather. better than the 8700 or 8100 cases I had.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

My case should be arriving within the next day or 2. It looks identical to yours (pitch black, lambskin leather). It looks very nice, I can hardly wait!

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

I have the same case and I like it. The belt clip is plastic and lock-swivels so it is much better than the ones that have the leather belt clips. I have to say though I wish there was a plastic holster like the one I had on my 8700 ... very low profile and easy to lock and remove the BB. I am keeping my eye on Ebay ...

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyPS
    I have the same case and I like it. The belt clip is plastic and lock-swivels so it is much better than the ones that have the leather belt clips. I have to say though I wish there was a plastic holster like the one I had on my 8700 ... very low profile and easy to lock and remove the BB. I am keeping my eye on Ebay ...
    Keep your eye on seidioonline.com instead

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Got my OEM case just a couple days after launch date... love it. Fits on the belt nicely and access to the beloved Curve is a snap...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    Got my OEM case just a couple days after launch date... love it. Fits on the belt nicely and access to the beloved Curve is a snap...
    Do all yours have a groove built in for the trackball to slide down?

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

I agreee, the OEM skin should be a little tighter. I bougth a full skin/screen guard and will use both to see how it goes. But I like the rubbery feel as I leave it out on my car seat and it doesn't slide around.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

We got two OEM skins (two Curve's in this house) and both work fantastic. The material is smooth (great for pockets), fits perfect, and is super thin. This is a great improvement on the SEIDIO skin for my old 8700. I'm glad RIM did this.

We also got one of the case (we got the one with a handle, not belt clip) and it works great, fits the curve with and without skin without problems. The magnetic clasp works perfectly.

Rick

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2

best case/protection for the curve

i found this on ebay for under $20. it covers the screen and keys and leaves an opening to work the trackball.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AT-T-CINGULAR-OE...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by nastyboy2; 04-15-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Mike99PA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FBE9A8

Curve Case On ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    i found this on ebay for under $20. it covers the screen and keys and leaves an opening to work the trackball.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AT-T-CINGULAR-OE...QQcmdZViewItem

So How Are You Liking This Case? I want to get something other than the holster it came with.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only thing I see bad is that the screen faces out. It could get damaged easily. Better to holster it with the screen facing in. Also the sleeper function is good to have saves the battery.

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike99PA View Post
    So How Are You Liking This Case? I want to get something other than the holster it came with.
    yep it protects the screen from scratches and makes typing easier because your thumb doesnt slip off the hard plastic keys. there's no bidding competition. i paid $11 for the last one i bought. plus you can break off the belt clip knob and just carry it in your pocket.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 04-18-2008 at 04:41 PM.