I use an 8320 on TMO and I just purchased/unlocked two ATT8300s for my wife ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D

Question Not receiving email on unlocked ATT 8300

Advertisement

I use an 8320 on TMO and I just purchased/unlocked two ATT8300s for my wife and daughter. yesterday they were working fine, but as of about 2 hours ago they no longer receive emails (they send emails fine). I've pulled batteries,sims, and resent service books from TMO BIS. Can anyone suggest any fixes?
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Not receiving email on unlocked ATT 8300

what was the phones your wife and daughter where using before? do they have a log in name on there bis personal email accounts? i had this problem with an unlocked 8320 i was using on att. it took about 48 hours before the service books went through and before i was able to send and recieve mail. what i had to do was put my sim back into my old 8300 at the time. log into my bis personal email set up and delete all my email accounts from my old phone. then i wiped my 8300, put the sim back into the unlocked 8320 and set it up from new and re sent service books. it took a couple days for some reason but it worked.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    20F0917D

Thanks nicky88xx,
    They were using nokia phones for only voice and text. They both have logins to TMO BIS, and the email accounts show up as valid. Since TMO has no 8300 I set their phone to 8320 on the site, could this be the problem....do I even need to choose a device when they login. I seem to recall that I couldn't even set up email features until I chose a data phone for their account profile.
    thanks again,
    Steve

buckwild480 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440c0aa

One common problem I find with BlackBerry phones that have been used or even refurbished. Is that more often than not the PIN is still registered to the previous owner, and usually that just takes a call to your carriers BB Help Desk and having them delete the info that was associated with the PIN beforehand, and also you may want to call Att and speak to the BB Tech Desk there, and see if they can delete it out just for good measure, 1-800-331-0500, Att cust. Service. Hope that helps.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20F0917D

buckwild480 that never occurred to me.....interesting. I will definitely follow up on that possibility.
    Thanks alot!
    Steve