So. this is my second 8330. THe first one, the end button was stuck... SO ... BlackBerry Curve forum

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2

Not Being Able to Hear

Advertisement

So. this is my second 8330. THe first one, the end button was stuck... SO i brought it back to the Verizon store and they swapped it..

Now since this new one, i've been having some problems.. I would call someone and it would say 'Connected' and they would be able to hear me.. but i won't hear anything.. not the phone ring not them answer nothing... but the phone says its working.. if i do a battery pull it sometimes works... so. anyone ever hear of this? or is this my second lemon in less then 40 days?!!?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    it's a very common issue and is not hardware related. you might consider upgrading your os to see if that helps.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had the same problem a couple of times here and there. I have done the battery pulls as well, and I have probably only done it like 3 times at the most. And I haven't had it happen yet again.

I would take it back to the Verizon store and just see what they have to suggest to you, or try another battery pull.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

thanks. battery pulls seem to work. but not right away. additionally, i did just upgrade the OS to 4.5 but i'm not fond of it.

i don't notice a thing, the only thing i notice is that i can't have my steeaming moodio.fm play while i multi task. if you have the media player on, and try to switch apps. it pauses and thats that.. i call shananagains!

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ah I see. I have yet to upgrade to 4.5 OS, I am still on 4.3

That's probably why its different from me.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Instantz View Post
    Ah I see. I have yet to upgrade to 4.5 OS, I am still on 4.3

That's probably why its different from me.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

no no, your correct. I haven't had this problem with 4.5 yet because I haven't had 4.5 installed for more then 6 hours so far. Did it last evening and now its lunch time. so i can't say this OS helped or didn't yet.

crack berry crack berry! w00t w00t

xbrianx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this same problem last week. I went to Verizon and they said it is caused by receiving a media message with audio. Once you pull the battery it corrects itself but there was recently a patch released for it. I updated and haven't had the problem since.

Quote Originally Posted by xbrianx View Post
    I had this same problem last week. I went to Verizon and they said it is caused by receiving a media message with audio. Once you pull the battery it corrects itself but there was recently a patch released for it. I updated and haven't had the problem since.

with the new software 4.5 i've not had a problem like this again. i guess this thread will soon die off because most of us will be upgrading and not running into this prob again..

thanks everyone for the input and help!