Has anybody out there tried, currently use, familiar with the Browser Bolt, I know it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3

Not Able to Access Internet With Bolt Browser - Help

Advertisement

Has anybody out there tried, currently use, familiar with the Browser Bolt, I know it is in Beta, but I downloaded it and now I'm having trouble configuring IAP. Looking for some assistance. All help would be appreciated.

In their FAQ's is describes the proceedures for a simbian device as follows:

• For example, to set up an IAP manually on a Nokia Symbian-based phone:
    • a. Go to Tools > Settings.
    • b. Select Connection>Access points
    • c. Press Options left softkey (LSK) and select "New access point > Use default settings"
    • d. Move to "Connection name", press "Options > Change" and specify a name for the connection.
    • e. "Data bearer" should be "GPRS" as it is by default
    • f. Scroll down to "Access point name", press "Options > Change" and specify your access point name.
    • g. Leave the other fields as it is and press the "Back" button, when finished.
    Now open a Web page in BOLT and select the IAP (Internet access point)

Can't seem to find any similar settings in my BB.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yep. THere's a thread here and here.

At least two that I have seen recently - it doesn't seem to be quite "ready" yet from what I can tell from other users and I have to agree in my limited tryout of it. Let us know what you think.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Yes I lloked at those.... nobody mentioned that the browser would not access the internet. I can't seem to get it to access the internet. Need some help.

shepherd no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have it downloaded to my 8310 now. I don't use it often or anything because from my experience, it's not exactly fluid. It lags horribly (with non-connective activities). I'll swipe the trackball, and a full two seconds later, the cursor will move. That type of experience puts a damper on web browsing...but other than that, it seems to do just fine. Rendered web pages just fine.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it is a great browser,way better then opera I've been using it on and off it pretty fast, they have fix a few of the bugs still a few more to fix but its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by keizerjrr View Post
    Yes I lloked at those.... nobody mentioned that the browser would not access the internet. I can't seem to get it to access the internet. Need some help.
    So do you have internet access otherwise, like with the BB browser or Opera?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Yes, no problem browseing with the BB Browser. Just get error, on opening page with Bolt. Not able to connect to the internet.

Well, I finally decided to try it and couldn't get the download to complete - it got stuck about half way thru the download and never moved from that spot. I got tired of staring at it, put it down for several minutes and, when I looked back, it was rebooting itself. ????

Talked to support which is very fast BTW but after re-registering and trying the 3d time I gave up.

Support said they'd contact me later this week to try to resolve. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-27-2009 at 09:24 AM.