Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

EDGE has returned! Whoa. Sorry I freaked out for a minute. My bad. I'm back ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Re: North America BIS 2.3 is happening ( I think)

Advertisement

EDGE has returned! Whoa. Sorry I freaked out for a minute. My bad. I'm back in business.
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I think an official 2.3 thread needs to be made and stickied to the top.. a lot of people are confused as to why some people can listen to WAVs now, have 2way sync for yahoo but not gmail, have two sets of identical service books sent down (for tmo atleast), etc.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    I think an official 2.3 thread needs to be made and stickied to the top.. a lot of people are confused as to why some people can listen to WAVs now, have 2way sync for yahoo but not gmail, have two sets of identical service books sent down (for tmo atleast), etc.
    I have still yet to receive my update. I have sent my service books and power cycled my phone- the hole 9 yards.

What more must I do?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    I have still yet to receive my update. I have sent my service books and power cycled my phone- the hole 9 yards.

What more must I do?
    you need to be running 4.2 OS only the 8830 on the cdma network has 4.2
    Last edited by tomdkat; 06-05-2007 at 11:28 PM.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Negative. I was running 4.2 on my 8703e and it was upgraded. I downgraded back to the 4.1 today and it will not upgrade. So I guess it is the 4.2 that is needed then, but it doesn't need to come from the 8830.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    spam=no

What more must I do?
    It's kind of like a 'religious' update.. I call it that because you just have to believe it has happened, lol. there really is no signs within the tmobile BIS to show it has changed. the upgrade has happened BIS side for (supposedly) all north america users. I sent myself a .wav and I can now open it through email and under options for email settings, delivery can now be confirmed for delivery and being read, as well as if I wish to send read receipts.

Try deleting all your service books first, then going to host routing table and resending, then log into your BIS account to push down your email service books followed by a pull. when you restart you should be able to do the above.

One thing I noticed, which I put in a thread earlier, Yahoo! now has two-way sync, but I had to remove my yahoo account from BIS and then readd it before I got the new Yahoo mail icon and the two-way sync abilities.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

oh.. and gmail was reported to have two-way sync ability now, but even after removing and readding it, I have not seen a new gmail icon and it definitely did not have two-way sync.

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

Negative. I was running 4.2 on my 8703e and it was upgraded. I downgraded back to the 4.1 today and it will not upgrade. So I guess it is the 4.2 that is needed then, but it doesn't need to come from the 8830.

How and were did you get 4.2 OS for an 8703e?

BIS v2.3 offers subscribers several feature improvements:

Added Support for Yahoo! Mail and Gmail

Subscribers using a Yahoo!® Mail account will now have two-way synchronization of deletes to and from the Yahoo! Mail inbox, as well as two-way, virtual real-time synchronization of message status (read/unread). That means that when subscribers delete a message from their Yahoo! mail account, the message is also deleted on their BlackBerry (and vice-versa). And when they read a Yahoo! mail message on their BlackBerry, the message is immediately marked 'read' in their Yahoo! mail account. There's no need to manage messages twice. Also, subscribers using a Gmail® account are no longer required to enable POP (Post Office Protocol) before integrating their Gmail account with their BlackBerry service. And subscribers now experience virtual real-time (instead of poll-based) delivery of Gmail messages.

Delivery Receipts and Read Receipts

Subscribers will have the ability to know when an email message has been successfully delivered and read to another user who is using BlackBerry. If the Sender and Recipients have enabled this Delivery Status Notification,a "D" will appear over the sent message checkmark in the message list of the Sender when the message has been successfully delivered to all or some of the Recipients and an "R" will appear over the sent message checkmark in the message list of the Sender when the message has been successfully read by all or by some of the Recipients. The Sender can open this sent message to view which Recipients have received the message. Users can enable this feature in the Messages application by selecting Options/Email Settings and changing the status of Delivery Receipts to "Yes" and selecting Options/Email Settings and changing the status of Confirm Read to "Yes". Message recipients will then have the option to configure (Send Read Receipts) to: (a) always send read confirmations, (b) never send read confirmations, or (c) always be prompted for each message received. This feature requires BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2 or higher.

Auto-forwarding

Subscribers can have a copy of email messages that are sent to their mycingular.blackberry.net email address automatically forwarded to another third-party Internet mail account. This feature is ideal when subscribers need easy access to mail sent to their BlackBerry email address (which is only viewable from the device) from a desktop browser as well. Auto-forwarding can be set for all incoming messages, or just messages with attachments.

Easy-viewing slideshow format

With BlackBerry Internet Service, subscribers can view popular attachment formats on the move, including JPEG, BMP, TIFF, RTF, Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint®, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe PDF. And now, PowerPoint presentations and PDFs can be viewed in a convenient slideshow format. This feature enhancement requires BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2 or higher.

Attachment uploading

Subscribers can attach files up to 3MB in size stored on their BlackBerry (i.e., pictures saved to the saved to the expandable memory card) to email or MMS messages.2 This BIS v2.3 service feature is only available on BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2

Voicemail attachment playback

Subscribers who get voicemail messages from work or home sent as email attachments (mp3 and WAV) can listen to these messages virtually anywhere, which makes it even easier to stay up-to-speed and responsive throughout the day.3 File size supported up to 500 KB.

Expanded Language Support

Subscribers can use their BlackBerry in the language they're most comfortable with. For the user interface, BlackBerry Internet Service now supports: English, French, Italian, German, Greek, Spanish, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (European), Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Turkish. And for email transport, BlackBerry Internet Service supports: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (European), Russian, Swedish and Turkish. Plus, language selection can now be made right from the log-in screen, so subscribers can proceed with the set-up process in the language of their choice.

Wireless Meeting Requests

Subscribers can now save even more time each day by sending, receiving, accepting and declining wireless meeting requests between BlackBerrys.4 Requires BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.1 or higher.
    Wireless Address Book Attachments
    Now, subscribers can open electronic contact attachments (vCard format) using their BlackBerry. They can also add these contact details directly to their BlackBerry Address Book and even attach an address from their BlackBerry Address Book to any email they send.

stinky no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tomdkat

BIS v2.3 offers subscribers several feature improvements:

Added Support for Yahoo! Mail and Gmail

Subscribers using a Yahoo!® Mail account will now have two-way synchronization of deletes to and from the Yahoo! Mail inbox, as well as two-way, virtual real-time synchronization of message status (read/unread). That means that when subscribers delete a message from their Yahoo! mail account, the message is also deleted on their BlackBerry (and vice-versa). And when they read a Yahoo! mail message on their BlackBerry, the message is immediately marked 'read' in their Yahoo! mail account. There's no need to manage messages twice. Also, subscribers using a Gmail® account are no longer required to enable POP (Post Office Protocol) before integrating their Gmail account with their BlackBerry service. And subscribers now experience virtual real-time (instead of poll-based) delivery of Gmail messages.

Is the two-way sync for 4.2 only also?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by stinky
    Is the two-way sync for 4.2 only also?
    not to my knowledge, pretty sure it can be done by any BIS enabled BB handset.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    oh.. and gmail was reported to have two-way sync ability now, but even after removing and readding it, I have not seen a new gmail icon and it definitely did not have two-way sync.
    If you log into your bis and hit edit on your gmail account, you'll see this

Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device.

So far that's the only thing I've seen for gmail and syncing

hedger48 no está en línea Stack level 1

I dont think 4.2 (device) only 4.2 (desktop) is available for VzW 8703e. Since VZW made the change, I am having problems, some of my emails now come in blank... coincedence? Also, now when I set up my email acount, it doesnt let me choose POP, it automatically sets up IMAP and doesnt give me a choice!

Dez
    Dez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249F9F19

Can't wait.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345