Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by mobilehavoc Sorry for the multiple posts but I'm excited.. Email is working ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: North America BIS 2.3 is happening ( I think)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    Sorry for the multiple posts but I'm excited..

Email is working perfectly and now the big one for me...

.wav attachments work!!! YES! Finally...so now when I get VM on my home VOIP line and they send the VM attached to an email to my BB I can finally open it and listen using media player. Awesome.

Does anybody have a list of new features with BIS 2.3? It's obviously here now and it's working great for me. No delays or issues with emails.

Quick update: Looks like with the new CICAL service books you can now setup meetings and invite people, accept invites, etc. AWESOME.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/287874-post8.html

so tell me about your wav files working, how big are they and what provider do they come from? I use callwave for my voicemail and the wav is 27k but does not download yet. I also tried another voicemail in mp3 was 56k and did not load up.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

mobilehavoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

Was a 60k .wav file from AT&T callvantage. Worked great. I love this new BIS - thanks for the link. I turned on read receipts and delivery confirmation. So freaking cool!!
    8100c - Personal on BIS
    8700c - Work on Corporate BES

"Only 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't"

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

i am receiving all my emails had to send the sevice books a couple times. But my yahoo and gmail are not showing up as read like they used to when i would read them on my device. Anyone else having this problem? If you look in your message options you also have a new section "email settings" also on the bis all accounts you can have an auto bcc

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Did ya notice when you reply to an email the original part of it is in HTML format which sucks

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

wonder why I do not have the option "email settings" and cannot get the read receipts/delivery confirmation to show up

ok just pulled the battery again, now I can play my wav attachments, but still no Email Settings
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-02-2007 at 12:10 PM.

PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

Slightly OT but being in 2007 why doesn't RIM support the ability to view HTML emails at least on BIS? The BB has a capable web browser and the emails contain the HTML, seems almost like they're not supporting on purpose.

Would be easy enough to turn this feature on and off as a user preference but would make it easier to handle some emails on the BB rather than requiring a desktop.
    8100c - Personal on BIS

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    wonder why I do not have the option "email settings" and cannot get the read receipts/delivery confirmation to show up

ok just pulled the battery again, now I can play my wav attachments, but still no Email Settings
    Power cycle and see what happens. I deleted my service books , then resent them and then power cycled and everything worked fine from there.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Slightly OT but being in 2007 why doesn't RIM support the ability to view HTML emails at least on BIS? The BB has a capable web browser and the emails contain the HTML, seems almost like they're not supporting on purpose.

Would be easy enough to turn this feature on and off as a user preference but would make it easier to handle some emails on the BB rather than requiring a desktop.
    Probably because they want to keep the emails speedy and data usage down. Heavy html emails will surely eat up memory on your phone, bog down the bb servers and slow down delivery times.. Imagine having 20 kb plain text emails vs 200 kb emails. 5 emails per 100 kb vs 5 emails per 1mb.

PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Probably because they want to keep the emails speedy and data usage down. Heavy html emails will surely eat up memory on your phone, bog down the bb servers and slow down delivery times.. Imagine having 20 kb plain text emails vs 200 kb emails. 5 emails per 100 kb vs 5 emails per 1mb.
    Don't understand your point...you're still downloading the HTML. THey can be rendered on the BB itself rather than on a server which is the way it always works. HTML emails are plain text just written in HTML code so they wouldn't be bigger than plain text emails, in case in most cases they are smaller.
    8100c - Personal on BIS

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

question, any body else have a huge Y for yahoo mail account?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    question, any body else have a huge Y for yahoo mail account?
    Nope that i don't

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Don't understand your point...you're still downloading the HTML. THey can be rendered on the BB itself rather than on a server which is the way it always works. HTML emails are plain text just written in HTML code so they wouldn't be bigger than plain text emails, in case in most cases they are smaller.
    From wiki : HTML e-mail is larger than plain text. Even if no special formatting is used, there will be the overhead from the tags used in a minimal HTML document, and if formatting is heavily used it may be much higher. Multi-part messages, with duplicate copies of the same content in different formats, increase the size even further. The plain text section of a multi-part message can be retrieved by itself, though, using IMAP's FETCH command

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

ok just checkin, the only problem is it's not the folder for my yahoo email, its one I use from outlook?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Power cycle and see what happens. I deleted my service books , then resent them and then power cycled and everything worked fine from there.
    ok just pulled the battery 3rd time and re-sent SB's again (also 3rd time lol), no change. no Email Settings for the read receipt, wonder if it just hasn't been rolled into the server my account resides on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-02-2007 at 12:36 PM.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    ok just pulled the battery 3rd time and re-sent SB's again (also 3rd time lol), no change. no Email Settings for the read receipt, wonder if it just hasn't been rolled into the server my account resides on.

Yea it should be inbetween General Settings and Email Reconciliation

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast