So I tried updating my blackberry and it now comes up as a circle with ... BlackBerry Curve forum
Noobie help! blackberry error need help.
So I tried updating my blackberry and it now comes up as a circle with some shapes in it and 507 underneath. i tried to reinstall the os but i got a fatal error message from the blackberry desktop program. please help! just bought this phone today! very upset
507 error indicates no operating system on your device. What is your device, and what OS version did you try to install?
If you had the proper os downloaded and installed for your device, restart the device, restart your computer and then go into c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and run the executable apploader file from there... That should work... Don't start the DM and be sure to delete the vendor.xml file just in case even if the OS upgrade is officially from your carrier...
Hope that works for you... Always does for me... Keep us posted...
i have the blackberry curve 8310, i dont know what os was on it before. i tried upgrading to the new one, all seemed well until it finished and i got this error. i tried reinstalling the newest os and it came up with a FATAL ERROR message on the desktop program. idk what to do. please help. just bought this phone today!
red's advice is good, or you might want to try this link with your device attached and powered up.
You may want to contact your service provider representative that you bought your device from
Never give up...you can always make a difference
Tell u what... I'll make it as simple as I can for you and walk you through it right here...
I hope you are somewhat computer savvy, but this really isn't too technical...
1. Go into control panel and uninstall anything "blackberry" on your compter from the add/ remove software.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Download desktop manager 4.6 from the blackberry website (www.blackberry.com)
4. google search for "latest official 8310 firmware" and scroll down for a thread link from our very own PINSTACK.
5. This pinstack thread will have a link for the latest OS released for your device (the 8310)
6. Click the link and you'll end up at the blackberry site... Use the dropdown menu to select your device (8310) and download the first file that populates right under the dropdown list.
You will have to enter some information in the bb site and accept their terms and conditions first.
7. Once you have downloaded this file, install it on your computer and then restart...
8. After the restart, go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file "vendor.xml"
9. Execute the "apploader.exe" and follow the instructions...
All these steps are available in greater detail right here on this forum..
Since you won't have the DM running, you should be able to skip the error and get everything worked out...
Let me know if this works for you... If it doesn't, there's a few more things you can do...
Just one correction to Red's excellent post. The executable is called Loader, and it has a little picture of a device next to it.
The thread with the latest OS for your device can be found here.
Very good advice but instead of searching just click here and find your service provider and device and install to your PC. Then follow the other steps described.
Thanks for that correction RoGro... You get an "add trust" for that... ...
Its 6ish in the morning here... Didn't realize I made a brainfart...
Good luck all...
Lol, Roger you typed faster than me.
Good point cowboy, the only difference that I was considering was that his carrier may not have the latest firmware... Let's save our new stacker a lil bit of a future upgrade hassle...
well i downloaded the rogers one or something? 4.5 or whatever and tried installing it and i got this.
A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]
Are you still trying the upgrade with Desktop Manager or did you try just using the executable a described above?
i used the Loader.exe program or whatever lol sorry im tech savy but not blackberry savy
Tags for this Thread