Can anyone please let me know if my BB 8300 will work with our corporate ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KBO
    KBO no está en línea Stack level 1

Nokia Intellisync Wireless Email

Advertisement

Can anyone please let me know if my BB 8300 will work with our corporate email server. We do not use BES. We use the Nokia intellisync mobile suite. It did a splendid job with my Treo and I know that it supports the following mobile operating systems but what about BB?
    • Symbian
    • Windows Mobile/Pocket PC
    • Palm
    • J2ME™
    It should support anything but just curious if anyone has any experience with Nokia Intellisync.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Nokia Intellisync Wireless Email

Hey KBO,
    Welcome to the stack. Yes, support for blackberry started a few revisions ago. Should be no problem.

KBO

Thanks for appeasing my concern. Nokia does not actively promote that fact! Do you know if this works natively or do I need to upload some application?

tedmundson no está en línea Stack level 1

Intellisync I believe only has support for Device Management not email...
    Zipped I would interested if you knew a solution to that.

The Device Management portion is the software app made for the admin, just like BES counterpart, this module lets IT setup all the "rules" and policy implementation. It has the control portion for the Intellisync application sync, file sync, and call connect portions. The email module is is what IT sets individuals up with to sync email, meetng, and contact data. This is what the user has interaction with but again is tied together on a system level by the device managment module.
    As to working natively - this system is installed on your corporate side correct? You will have to ask your admin for support - they have to add you or its a no go for you, just like BES. If this is implemented company wide, it can be supported, just depends if it falls into their policy goals.

KBO

The IT department are working on it as we speak and I am simply trying to help them. Three BB OS versions to choose from in terms of applications which are BB OS3.7, 4.0 and 4.0.2. My 8300 has version 4.2. I tried all the versions and the only one that worked was to my surprise the version for BB OS 3.7.

I say it worked but what I mean here is that the installation was complete but the unit is still giving me an error when I click on the icon:

[FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Tahoma]error starting intellisync_app:Vtable record size of 74216 exceeds max record size of 65508.[/FONT][/FONT]

Any ideas why we are getting this message?

KBO

Zipped - we are still struggling here. Do you know where I could go to get help with this Intellisync SyncClient. Who should I be contacting? I doubt that BB will help but who will?

I search intellisync but this always goes to BB's desktop intellisync. I do not know what to search for to get help from users of Nokia's Intellisync mobile suite. I am sure I am not the only one having these issues.

Hello KBO, sorry for the delay, been traveling all day. When we looked at it, 3.7 is what we were reviewing on two different 7XXX phones. At the time it was supposed to be set up by device, but it should work across all the platforms. With 4.2, java came into the picture, so I am not sure where it stands in terms of support. Not sure what you are running either, we were running Exchange server 2000 or 2003 then. I would see if you can contact Nokia - I believe they are still supporting the system. Just not sure if it is pay per use or if they will have you buy the service package. Sorry I can't be of more help.

KBO

Thanks Zipped - I finally got a hold of Nokia and although they support BB with their Device Management solution they do NOT suppport any wireless email with BB devices. The reason is that BB will not cooperate with Nokia to allow this to take place which is understandable since they offer the same service hence compete against eachother.

Whats interesting is that Nokia devices allows BB connect on their devices. Oh well one day if BB wants their market share in the handheld market they'll need to offer compatibility with something else than BES.

Too bad because I love my curve. Oh well now I'll have to deal with WM

That's a bummer - thats a bummer. I thought Nokia was going to get on the blackberry wagon a few years ago - they had that phone that flipped open, had the hidden keyboard. Was nice for the time and if I remember right, was supporting bb. Too bad they couldn't work it out. Not sure what the heck the purchase of Intellisync was for then...Out of curiousity, we didn't think much of the Nokia suite, why did your IT dept go with it? Sorry to hear the WM news, can you say freeze and reset...

KBO

Our IT guys selected the Nokia Wireless mobile suite for the simple reason that it supports every handheld device besides BB which is as you now know something that we recently found out. To go with a closed architecture like BES would have meant replacing 1000+ devices. Nokia's solution eliminated such an expense.

I have an HTC S621 on its way which is not so bad from what my colleagues are telling me......