So Im definitely switching from T-Mo to Cingular since the service has been deteriorating rapidly ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Nokia e61i or Curve?

Advertisement

So Im definitely switching from T-Mo to Cingular since the service has been deteriorating rapidly in my area. Currently using an unlocked n73 on T-mo and Im debating on just getting a free phone with activation, selling it, and using the n73. However, the curve is now available through them and with my corporate discount its only $299. Granted the e61i would be unlocked, its $100 more.

How much different are the phones really? The e61i has wifi over the curve I think, but that might just be it. Im not going to use the BB internet or email service. Just more for major texting purposes and keeping up with my calendar and schedules.

Advice?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Nokia e61i or Curve?

Try this link, it compares those two devices together: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/com...%5D=&id%5B%5D=

Also try these links for individual spec details for each device:
    http://europe.nokia.com/A4344023
    http://www.blackberrycurve.com/brain...more/specs.jsp

Both very nice smartphones, so hard to say which to go with.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-01-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

hmmm the nokia one has wifi

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

If you aren't going to be using the BB internet or email then you might prefer the Nokia since you will only be using half the phone on the BB. If you do decide to use the BB services at a later date, the Nokia has BB connect available for it.

Zo

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Thumbs up Re: Nokia e61i or Curve?

cliffr39, its really your choice mate, think hard before you make your choice.......

By the way picked up my E90 today, what a sweet device but I wont give up my trusted BlackBerry or should I say BlackBerry's
    Last edited by Mobiman; 05-24-2008 at 04:53 AM.

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    hmmm the nokia one has wifi
    Can someone explain why WiFi is so sought after? I don't think Iw ould classify myself as a power-user, but I do use my BB all of the time for emailing work (not BES), messaging friends, using apps, etc. And I guess I don't see why having WiFi is so highly prized. 3G I can understand, but WiFi? Anyone care to explain what I may be missing?

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

I had a E62 and now a blackberry and here is my take. Since the Nokia E61/62 have blackberry connect which I used it just the same as I now do with my 8800 with both BIS and BES you will not miss a beat with the Nokia. Here are some of the advantages with Nokia I found. Better Browser, More vibrant screen colors, internet radio, podcasts, RSS feeds and Mobi TV ran on my Nokia not happening on the blackberry. Those little things went alot smoother on the Nokia device. I think we hold on to blackberrys because it blew us away early in the game with email. But if we can get a better multi functioning device running blackberry connect then why continue to hold onto a legend. Finally, since blackberry is highly proprietary, Nokia models will always have more development in apps and features quicker and faster than blackberry can keep up because symbian is open source code which will invite alot of people wanting to write code and such.

Needless to say, althouth my blackberry is more stylish and looks better than the E61/62 I got more stuff from the e62 and didnt miss a beat with email and I sometimes miss it.

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my take is:
    1. Nokia is a brick! It looks and feels like a Volvo, LOL. the Curve is so gorgeous and slick and smaller and lighter.
    2. Why do I need WIFI?
    3. I don't like symbian, it sucks compared to the slick RIM OS.
    4. If you don't like the BB browser Opera is hands down the best mobile browser out there and its available for both...
    5. Email is a killer app and no one does email as well as BB even if you use BB Connect on the Nokia its just not the same... Its all about the interface, the detaile, the seatures etc...
    6. Curve has a great camera, I'm not sure about the Nokia.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by exilio
    Can someone explain why WiFi is so sought after? I don't think Iw ould classify myself as a power-user, but I do use my BB all of the time for emailing work (not BES), messaging friends, using apps, etc. And I guess I don't see why having WiFi is so highly prized. 3G I can understand, but WiFi? Anyone care to explain what I may be missing?
    Some WiFi advantages are listed in the 2nd half of this post: GPS and WiFi Post

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by exilio
    Well there's quite a few reasons, but the largest one, imo, is that 3g gsm service will not be available to the average consumer for a couple of years, even on AT&T (even later on tmo). the conversion from 2gto 3g is not a very quick process. the conversion is started in major metropolitian cities (i.e. nyc, la, dallas, etc.) and unless you are in one of these cities, even after the 9xxx drops, you are most likely not going to get to enjoy the benefits of having a 3g phone; Wifi will allow you to enjoy broadband network speeds no matter what city you are in, as long as you obviously have a highspeed connection.

A couple of other reasons include:

• ability for UMA (voice over WLAN) through provider, which could prove useful to the many customers who receive poor network reception at home or work. (tmo set to release later this year)
    • data exchange over WLAN instead of EDGE (most countries do not offer unlimited plans for cheap and charge by the mb, forcing customers to pay obscene charges, while WiFi would be free. even unlim plans in US have a cap and can even cancel you from plan if you exceed).
    • alternative voice plans/companies (instead of high cost minute plan, option for WLAN 3rd party software which may charge pennies per minute, including international calls)
    And i'm sure there is more, but that's all I came up with off the top of my head.Better question to ask is this: if wifi phone technology has been around for quite a few years now, why have phone companies fought so hard to keep it out?