Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was tryin to play some quiet music on my phone without headphones, and all ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

noisy/staticky media player?

Advertisement

I was tryin to play some quiet music on my phone without headphones, and all I hear before the music starts is all this static noise. I rebooted the phone but its still there and totally annoying. Anyone else have this happening? Is it a bad memory card possibly? I need to take my phone back if its a phone glitch and exchange it before my 30 days are up.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I believe T-Mobile only gives you 14 days for returns

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I believe T-Mobile only gives you 14 days for returns
    LOL! that's what I was thinking. New Phone

Well I betta git down there to TMO tomorrow then!!!!

Looks like this guy is having something similar to me:

(http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...essage.id=1223)

Scottcarterwals : What's the deal with this phone? For something that looks so nice it seems to be very cheaply made. Whenever you dial phone numbers to call you hear a hissing noise coming from the speaker while hearing the keytone...it's very annoying and it's making me feel like I just got ripped off for paying all this money for this phone. Also while were at it, all of the BlackBerry ringtones also do the same thing, you hear hissing in the background while the tone is playing. Why can't RIM create ringtones without hissing noises in the background and why can't they make their speaker hiss free?

I was worried that it was just my particular device but I've tested 2 other 8900's and they all do it. This is just really sad...
    Last edited by lovin2act; 02-21-2009 at 02:41 AM.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Here's anotha:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...49#post1664749

Sucks for me I guess. One silver lining though...I didn't activate service or upgrade my phone through a contract extension, I just bought it outright and they are billing me through my monthly bill for the rest of what my 300 down payment didn't cover. My paperwork says I have 30days to return it due to this! If I would have done a new activation or extended my contract...then I would only have the 14 days.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Well I checked 3 display units today at three different stores, and one brand new unit that just got shipped in the latest batch to T-mobile and they all make the hissing noise when you play music at the lowest levels. If you turn the volume all the way down you will hear the hissy static keep going. So maybe its the .114 OS as they all had that OS on them.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    Well I betta git down there to TMO tomorrow then!!!!

Looks like this guy is having something similar to me:

(http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...essage.id=1223)

Scottcarterwals : What's the deal with this phone? For something that looks so nice it seems to be very cheaply made. Whenever you dial phone numbers to call you hear a hissing noise coming from the speaker while hearing the keytone...it's very annoying and it's making me feel like I just got ripped off for paying all this money for this phone. Also while were at it, all of the BlackBerry ringtones also do the same thing, you hear hissing in the background while the tone is playing. Why can't RIM create ringtones without hissing noises in the background and why can't they make their speaker hiss free?

I was worried that it was just my particular device but I've tested 2 other 8900's and they all do it. This is just really sad...
    That's just your phone my friend so I suggest you get a new one or a different OS. Most likely you should upgrade to a different OS.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8900 - 4.6.1.152 BETA
    T-Mobile Pearl 8220 Flip - 4.6.0.222
    [heavycomponents3@aim.com]

Now a days the new name for "cell phone" is "Blackberry"!

--HeavyC.

Yeah I think its the OS cause I checked four 8900's today (3 display units, one in the box) at 3 different T-mobile stores and they all had this problem happening on the .114 OS.

I just upgraded to OS .168 and confirmed that the noise is now gone :-) Glad I finally got the gonads to do my first OS upgrade!!!

snoopy0011 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just upgraded to OS .168 and confirmed that the noise is now gone :-) Glad I finally got the gonads to do my first OS upgrade!!!
    I upgraded mine and the noise is still there....anyone else having the same problem??

Yeah I take back what I said in my last post, my speaker still hisses when I play low volume music. The only diff with my new OS is that it turns the volume off when I turn it all the way down, before it would still hiss and make noise even with the volume turned off. So an improvement, but not a fix.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yes I have this problem as well. It's very annoying it seems some of the phones are defected.

Yeah it does. I have been into countless TMO stores and every demo unit I have tested is doing this. Really sucks for quiet listening when I try to fall asleep to something peaceful. All I hear is hissing from the speaker at low volumes rather than the music. I may continue my quest to find one that doesn't do this but I dunno if I ever will find one.

snoopy0011 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah it does. I have been into countless TMO stores and every demo unit I have tested is doing this. Really sucks for quiet listening when I try to fall asleep to something peaceful. All I hear is hissing from the speaker at low volumes rather than the music. I may continue my quest to find one that doesn't do this but I dunno if I ever will find one.
    try handset mode rather than speakphone mode.....
    speakphone mode sucks, too much hissing sound but handset mode it's little better...

i hope next OS upgrade will remedy this problem.....

Yeah for sure! I hate the hiss!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast