Hi,i cant get my youtube to work without wifi.It's an unlocked tmobile 8900 being used ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jonobless no está en línea Stack level 1

No youtube without wifi

Advertisement

Hi,i cant get my youtube to work without wifi.It's an unlocked tmobile 8900 being used on digicel jamaica.Everytime i try to watch a video it asks "switch to WAP for streaming?" "ok or cancel"but it runs perfect when im using wifi why is this?i'm running os 5.0 but been having this problem from before the upgrade.i have a couple friends with the same phone and os and theres work fine withought wifi.Any advice anyone?Thanks!

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like you have a BIS data plan?? You will not be able to stream over BIS data. If you configure your APN setting for your carrier, you will be able to stream overr your network providers data (WAP); watchout for data costs though. Otherwise, wifi is for free (except your internet providers costs)...
    Hope that helps.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/146

jonobless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedoan View Post
    Sounds like you have a BIS data plan?? You will not be able to stream over BIS data. If you configure your APN setting for your carrier, you will be able to stream overr your network providers data (WAP); watchout for data costs though. Otherwise, wifi is for free (except your internet providers costs)...
    Hope that helps.

No I don't have a Bis data plan.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/146
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100