I'm running OS v4.6.1.114 on 8900 and I noticed that the only option available on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

OutsideLookinIn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX

No "Wifi" on my Browser Option

Advertisement

I'm running OS v4.6.1.114 on 8900 and I noticed that the only option available on my browser are INTERNET BROWSER, T-MOBILE and HOTSPOT BROWSER. I remember in the past I used to have "WiFi" also on that list on my Curve 8320. So my question is what happened to my "Wifi" option? Even at home while running UMA I don't get the Wifi option on my browser still. I also have Tmo@HOME service by the way and my Preferred Network is set to "WiFi Preferred".

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by OutsideLookinIn; 03-13-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Clittle07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i believe that the hotspot browser is ur wifi browser if u are using tmobile@home service

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Clittle07 View Post
    i believe that the hotspot browser is ur wifi browser if u are using tmobile@home service
    I see. Thanks for the reply!

But just out curiosity, does anyone who has 8900 have "WiFi" on their browser option? Preferably those who also uses OS v4.6.1.114.
    Last edited by OutsideLookinIn; 03-13-2009 at 03:34 PM.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I don't. Never have since starting off at .94. They just changed the name but it doesn't affect anything. Wifi preferred is just the connection type, not the browser.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    I don't. Never have since starting off at .94. They just changed the name but it doesn't affect anything. Wifi preferred is just the connection type, not the browser.
    I'm referring to the Browser Option of the browser itself and not the Mobile Network Option.

I want to make use of the Wifi option of the browser when I browse while I'm at home and not the default "Internet Browser". The problem is I don't see that anymore on my Browser Option configuration. Now I only have INTERNET BROWSER, T-MOBILE and HOTSPOT BROWSER to choose from. There used to be a "WiFi" in there as well among that list of option on my 8320 in the past. So I want to know if 8900 users get the Wifi option on their browser as well or not.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't, just internet, hotspot and at&t. Before unlocking was same, just with t-mo.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    I never had Wifi as a browser option. Only the 3 you mentioned.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsideLookinIn View Post
    I'm referring to the Browser Option of the browser itself and not the Mobile Network Option.

I want to make use of the Wifi option of the browser when I browse while I'm at home and not the default "Internet Browser". The problem is I don't see that anymore on my Browser Option configuration. Now I only have INTERNET BROWSER, T-MOBILE and HOTSPOT BROWSER to choose from. There used to be a "WiFi" in there as well among that list of option on my 8320 in the past. So I want to know if 8900 users get the Wifi option on their browser as well or not.
    I am referring to the browser options, not the connection option. Since OS 4.6, they renamed wifi to hotspot for browser option.

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    I am referring to the browser options, not the connection option. Since OS 4.6, they renamed wifi to hotspot for browser option.
    You're right. The newer OS is probably the reason why I don't see "wifi" anymore.

Thanks for all your inputs everyone! Appreciate it very much .

tccalara04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have wifi on my blackberry, i have no data plan, but i want to use the internet through wifi, after watching certain videos and reviewing articles, it said there should be a wifi option under "default browser" but i only see a t-zones and hot spot browser option. Today i activated my wifi in school, and connected sucessfully. But when i chose the default browser, i chose the hot spot browser. An i was able to surf the internet. DO i get charged for using the hot spot browser setting? i have t-mobile and again i dont have a data plan, I just want to use the internet without getting charged.