I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have a Curve 8310 (AT&T) ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Moriarte no está en línea Stack level 1

No voice with H710 Motorola BT

Advertisement

I am hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a Curve 8310 (AT&T) that I have successfully used a BT Headset with before.

After having my SM100 BT piece washed accidentally one too many times, it became time to go buy a new piece. I ended up with the Motorola H710. I took it home, charged it up, and then paired it with my BB. It paired fine, so I made a test call. I could hear the person on the other end fine, but they could not hear me. I tried turning up the volume on the BT. I also performed a battery pull. But nothing worked.

I took the headset back to the seller and exchanged it for another one. Same thing happens after it is charged and paired. I can pair it with an I-Phone and it works fine and I can be heard just fine on other end, so it has to be something with my Curve that is causing the issue.

I went ahead and upgraded my OS to 4.2.2.184 just in case it was a glitch with the software. No help at all.

I need some ideas. What could possible keep the voice from transmitting to my curve? I can't even use voice dialing. It is acting like no sound is making it from the BT to the Phone. But sound is making it from the phone to the BT just fine.

Ideas?

No one has an idea?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Kind of sounds like maybe it goes into "mute" mode when it's paired with the BT.

No problems making calls without the BT?

No problems without the BT at all.

And I can hear and be heard on this same BT with other phones. Which leads me to believe it is a setting on the BB itself, I just can't figure out which one it would be.

I'm using an H700 which is pretty much the same headset.

I'm looking at the device properties on the Curve and have them set up as follows:

Trusted = Yes
    Encryption = Enabled
    Echo Control = Automatic

Services are:
    Hands-Free unit
    Headset

Those are the only settings I'm aware of.

Yeah, those are exactly the settings I see under Device Properties... This bites. Does it mean there is something wrong with my phone? I was able to pair it with someone's 8330 today, and the BT worked just fine with that phone.

Argh!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    try a diff bt with that phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarte View Post
    Yeah, those are exactly the settings I see under Device Properties... This bites. Does it mean there is something wrong with my phone? I was able to pair it with someone's 8330 today, and the BT worked just fine with that phone.

Argh!
    Yeah, it does sound like an issue with the phone, although you DID use a different BT with it before with no problem, right? And you're on your second H710?

Almost sounds as if pairing with the H710 puts the phone in "mute" mode since you are able to hear through the device, but you are NOT able to be heard. Just for grins, next time you make or receive a call, push the mute button and see what happens. If that has no affect, take both devices into the store and try another H710 (or H721, same thing, different color), or another BT altogether. Very strange that it is just this pairing of your 8310 and the BT that's horked!

Keep us posted!