Hello all, I recently bought a Blackberry Curve 8300 off of eBay, which was locked ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dubs62 no está en línea Stack level 1

No Unlock Code

Advertisement

Hello all,

I recently bought a Blackberry Curve 8300 off of eBay, which was locked to AT&T. I need to get it unlocked to use with Rogers, however the 2 unlock sites I have gone to have said the code is not available. Is there anyway I am going to be to unlock this phone??? Or is it going to be a glorified PDA seeing as AT&T does not exist it Canada? Thanks for any help!!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: No Unlock Code

If you call att and tell them your selling the phone or leaving the country you should get the code. There are two databases that contains all the codes one the th unlocking companies have and two the one the RIM and service providers have. most of the time codes will be in both ut with a some its only in RIM database.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

also if they rep doesnt help you call back and talk to another one. Keep calling till you get it.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Just keep trying. I was successful in getting an unlock code from AT&T for a locked AT&T BB even though I am a TMO customer. Some services can get you the unlock code from RIM if you pay more and can wait at least a week.