Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With .133 beta OS installed, I still have this same browser issue. I'll install the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3

No Text Wrapping in Fields

Advertisement

With .133 beta OS installed, I still have this same browser issue. I'll install the official .133 later and see.
    But, for now, the only workaround is to use the opera mini browser.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    ~via smartphone~i have official and its still a no go. Doh!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Welcome to the wonderful world of OS 4.6.all....... But it isn't even bad enough to get me to use that brick "Opera Mini"
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I played with OM but just can't daily drive it lol. Ugh
    ~via smartphone~

Hopefully I'm not blowing smoke, but I did some quick research. I'm guessing it's just the way the BB browser is rendering the form fields. From what I could gather, it seems as if no wrapping of text was the original behavior of text fields and the browser makers created their own custom workarounds. If you know how to create web pages, you can see how it works by using the wrap="off" attribute in a textarea property. So in the case of the BB browser, it's simply rendering it that way. There's a property in the html that can force text to wrap (but must be inserted my webmaster).

When I get home I'll see if I can test that theory.

BTW, I think opera mini is ok. I don't use it all the time, but it comes in handy when some web sites won't display right in BB browser.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    But goodness, I just HATE using Opera Mini..It's so horrible in that you have to entirely click on text fields and then ok it and all that poo...sigh. We need battery life and text wrap, and we will be in GOOD business!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    My battery life has improved 10-fold with the last couple of OS releases (let's hope it keeps up with .144)..... A new BROWSER altogether would be nice!! The current browser is one of the worst selling features for Blackberry.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    My battery life has improved 10-fold with the last couple of OS releases (let's hope it keeps up with .144)..... A new BROWSER altogether would be nice!! The current browser is one of the worst selling features for Blackberry.
    I have gotten used to the BB browser. Pretty neutral on that scenario...However I'll go to my grave before I adopt Opera Mini as my main source for browsing...DOH

Ok, I give up. BB browser is broken and I suppose only RIM can fix this annoying bug.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Ok, I give up. BB browser is broken and I suppose only RIM can fix this annoying bug.
    Cross our fingers! :-)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    While I would vastly prefer a good BlackBerry browser, I do find Opera Mini a decent if not perfect alternative. Its also very fast. With plenty of memory now, its better than nothing.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    While I would vastly prefer a good BlackBerry browser, I do find Opera Mini a decent if not perfect alternative. Its also very fast. With plenty of memory now, its better than nothing.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~
    I agree with you on all points.

Just an update. According to jekko1 in the beta OS thread, .199 still doesn't fix the word wrapping issue.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

digitalb0y no está en línea Stack level 1
    <voice=ComicBookGuy> Worst. Bug. EVERRR.</voice>

COME ON RIM!!! ADDRESS THIS ANNOYING ISSUE ALREADY!!! It works fine in 4.5 but not 4.6??? How hard is this? Figure out what you didn't do wrong before, and stop doing it wrong now. Jerks.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I'm really surprised that the text boxes behave this way on the newer devices. I really hope its something that RIM is working on.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast