I am having a problem with my Verizon Curve 8330. The phone is brand new ... BlackBerry Curve forum

flip834 no está en línea Stack level 1

No sound after opening texts

Advertisement

I am having a problem with my Verizon Curve 8330. The phone is brand new (4 or 5 days old). When I receive a text message with sound, I am unable to hear calls. I can make calls to someone and I hear nothing. They can hear me though. I can receive calls also but I still have the same problem of not being able to hear anything. The only way I have found to fix it is to pull the battery and power the phone back up. Does anyone know how to fix this? It is driving me crazy. I have version 4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.72). If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    this happens with the pearl also.i don't know what causes it but i had my phone replaced once for it and since the replacement it has done it one more time...that was a month or so ago.how often does this happen with yours?

It happens every time I open a text with sound even one i have already looked at before.

BabyBrwneyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well I Use To Have A Problem Where My Sd Card Would Flip My Phone On And Off..and Seems Like My 8330 Was Alergic To 2gb, But Operates Fine Off The 8gb I Had To Buy...lol Maybe You Should Check Your Sound Profile To See Whats Going On With That...or Exhange It For A New One If Its Still Under The 30 Day...

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is a common problem with the 8330 (as well as the pearl). The only fix for it right now is a battery pull. I just brought my Curve into Verizon for this problem as well as another. (my calendar never reminded me of events until the other day after a battery pull)
    According to the tech, these are issues that are going to be addressed with the official 4.5 OS release from Verizon. It's a 4.3 software glitch.
    However, Verizon is shipping me a new phone anyway...nice thing about that is they dont do BB refurbs...

BabyBrwneyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes Thats Why I Love Verizon...i Be Damned I Pay Good Money For A Berry And U Send Me A Refurbished Model...i Dont Want Somethin Someone Else Had A Problem With..then You Fix It And Send It To Me...lol Oh No...i Wonder If I Can Have Them Send Me That Pink One..im Mad They Pull It After My 30 Days Were Up..lol
    Last edited by BabyBrwneyez; 08-24-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Ok, thanks. I have been looking on the net and unable to find anything else about it other than people having the problem. I guess the tech didn't have any idea of the 4.5 patch did he? LOL. Stupid question, I know, but figure I will ask anyway.

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    The official release of OS 4.5 for Verizon is scheduled for sometime in September. Providing of course that it meets Verizon's approval.

I had that happen too. They give you a refurb, which is not right. I experienced that with the Razr. Nice to know they don't do that with the Blackberries. I love this phone but the prob with the texts is annoying. I hope they fix soon.

Thanks for all of your help and the quick responses.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by flip834 View Post
    Thanks for all of your help and the quick responses.
    just spreadin the luv.