Hi all- picked up an eBay 8300 and so far, so good, everything checks out- ... BlackBerry Curve forum

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

No SIM Card Menu

Advertisement

Hi all- picked up an eBay 8300 and so far, so good, everything checks out- except for one thing...
    When I go to the SIM Card menu to check if it's locked or unlocked and type MEPD, nothing happens. Really- NOTHING- it doesn't do anything at all. Tried with a SIM card in and out, and the radio off, even tried MEPPD, which I already know is for the Pearl but I figured "why not" as MEPD usually works, but not this time so what have I got to lose.... even wiped it and still no go.... and "Yes", the MEPD buttons do in fact work, I tested them on a blank Memo document...
    Anybody ever have this happen to them?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    On an 8300 when you type MEPD nothing is supposed to happen that I know of.

Follow this link and it will show you how to unlock your phone:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ckberry-60209/

Once it opens up if it has never been unlocked it will show it will say (10 Left)

PIN/ID
    26853B59
    Thank you for the reply- I do appreciate it- but the link is actually for an 8800- I actually tried that though, holding the ALT button while typing in MEPD, but still no joy...I've unlocked more BB's thank I can remember and this is the first time this has happened to me- anybody else come across this before?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ what carrier are you on? What is the device branded to? That's the first step I take, if its branded by your carrier call CS then ask them to transfer you to BB tech support, they should be able to assist you over the phone on what to do.
    (Have to call from another phone/device/land line so you can have them tell you what to do step wise in your BB.)

Simple and easy, hope that works for ya.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    Thank you for the reply- I do appreciate it- but the link is actually for an 8800- I actually tried that though, holding the ALT button while typing in MEPD, but still no joy...I've unlocked more BB's thank I can remember and this is the first time this has happened to me- anybody else come across this before?
    Trust me it works all the time I manage thousands of Blackberrys and I am the one that wrote that thread.

PIN/ID
    26853B59
    Thanks again- actually I just tried doing it with another SIM card in place and it worked just fine- thank you to all that responded!