Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got a new BB Curve 8320 and i dont see this option as ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kevinmscs no está en línea Stack level 1

No Setup Internet Email icon - why?

Advertisement

I just got a new BB Curve 8320 and i dont see this option as instructed by the Get Started guide in the box.

Pls help?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: No Setup Internet Email icon - why?

From your main icon menu hit the menu button and click show all. It hay be hidden.

I already have it as Show All

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Its better to setup your email via your BIS page on PC. There should be a link on your carriers site.

I dont have any internet or email plan, is that y?

But still i thought setup an internet email should be available since we can use wifi to check emails?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that's why. You need a data plan to get the service books.

ok so please confirm my understanding. to get personal internet email:

-icon will be sent to phone?
    -then setup?

Correct. You need to add a data plan to your account. When you do, re-register the BB and the service books will be sent, if they don't send them automatically, for the items that require data such as internet browser, BBM and email. You should then use your carriers BIS website as Red suggested to add a blackberry.net account and up to 10 personal email accounts. When you add the account on the BIS site the service books for the email accounts will be sent to the device.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Yes that is correct. One you get a data plan, browser, email, and setup icons will be pushed to your device.

Cool. A little more complicated than the Iphone i have. But its kind a weird since the Quick Start manual does show how to setup email by going to Applications/Email setup icon.... They should not write this if that is service-dependent since i dont even see the icon from the device.

Also, i had yahoo messenger, and somehow i did something and now its gone.

A friend of mine just told me to be careful cause if i did something, browser, messengers, etc will be gone since i dont have a data plan....

by the way, which data plan is avail for Tmobile? I have Tmobile and a BB Curve 8320.

Thanks all for quick replies.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmscs View Post
    Cool. A little more complicated than the Iphone i have. But its kind a weird since the Quick Start manual does show how to setup email by going to Applications/Email setup icon.... They should not write this if that is service-dependent since i dont even see the icon from the device.

Also, i had yahoo messenger, and somehow i did something and now its gone.

A friend of mine just told me to be careful cause if i did something, browser, messengers, etc will be gone since i dont have a data plan....

by the way, which data plan is avail for Tmobile? I have Tmobile and a BB Curve 8320.

Thanks all for quick replies.
    For T-mobile they have an add-on BlackBerry unlimited plan for $19.99
    And the Quick Start manual shows that way because most carriers are required to only sell BlackBerries WITH a BlackBerry data plan (not without it as you got).. so the manual would be correct then. http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/...Sub_BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post

Its better to setup your email via your BIS page on PC. There should be a link on your carriers site.
    some carriers you cannot do that. With Verizon, for example, you have to first use the E-mail Setup icon to create a username/password for the BIS site, then you can add email accounts from the PC.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    some carriers you cannot do that. With Verizon, for example, you have to first use the E-mail Setup icon to create a username/password for the BIS site, then you can add email accounts from the PC.
    I never had to do that Cliff, When I got my first BB it was recommended by the VZW store to just go to the BIS site and create a user account which I did. It will ask for your PIN and ESN and add the account as long as you have a data plan. So they may have changed that at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmscs View Post
    Cool. A little more complicated than the Iphone i have.
    All iPhones are sold WITH a data plan (see image attached), there is not option on the ATT site to get the phone without a data plan. If your carrier sold it that way it would be just as easy so it is a carrier issue not the BB's issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    I never had to do that Cliff, When I got my first BB it was recommended by the VZW store to just go to the BIS site and create a user account which I did. It will ask for your PIN and ESN and add the account as long as you have a data plan. So they may have changed that at some point...
    yeah that's all I did with my AT&T and T-mobile BB's but with this VzW one it gave me an error that said you must do that from the device. I would click create then enter the information it asked and would receive
    “Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.”
    I think Verizon started it in 2007 sometime, seems to be when most of the complaints of this error appear on Google. Not sure why they make it more difficult than other carriers.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    Not sure why they make it more difficult than other carriers.
    Because they're Verizon

jdsmith1408 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same problem with mine. I bought the phone on Friday with the data plan. Internet etc. works fine. I even set up the account online with my computer. Still no option to set up personal e-mail on the phone. When I was setting up the account online, it said that the phone was not registered. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast