Results 1 to 8 of 8

if i use a sim card that does not have a blackberry plan with the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    marczeffren's Avatar
    marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    82

    no plan with blackberyy...HELP

    Advertisement



    if i use a sim card that does not have a blackberry plan with the 8350i will nextel force a blackberry data plan on me?

  2. #2
    hyphen's Avatar
    hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Posts
    322
    no but u need to make sure ur using a black sim card if not u will have texting issue...

    also none of the data functions will wrk tho..

    y don't u want a data plan for ur bb?

    ~via BB

  3. #3
    marczeffren's Avatar
    marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    no but u need to make sure ur using a black sim card if not u will have texting issue...

    also none of the data functions will wrk tho..

    y don't u want a data plan for ur bb?

    ~via BB
    im getting my oldest friend who jsut got engaged, and is getting married very soon the bb for a present, and as of now he doesnt have a plan, so i dont want to get it for him if it will force him to pay more, but im sure he'll see the light and get the data within a month or so
    thanks for ur helo

  4. #4
    hyphen's Avatar
    hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Posts
    322
    ? how do u plan on getting him the phone? if u buy it for him on his account he will have to get the data plan for the mail n rebates

    if u pay retail price for it then u won't have too do the data plan

    ~via BB

  5. #5
    marczeffren's Avatar
    marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    ? how do u plan on getting him the phone? if u buy it for him on his account he will have to get the data plan for the mail n rebates

    if u pay retail price for it then u won't have too do the data plan

    ~via BB
    retail price, or craigs list or smtn like that

  6. #6
    chadf3's Avatar
    chadf3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11
    if you dont have the blacberry everything plan from sprint there is like a 30 dolloar charge i have the everying plan its about 120 a month with taxes

  7. #7
    esalespartner's Avatar
    esalespartner no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1
    What is the difference in other sim cards and the black ones.?


    I have the Boost Mobile $50.00 unlimited plan.
    I activated it using a Motorola i855
    Bought a Motorola 8350i used "only used for 2 weeks" from someone on CL.
    My current sim card is a 64k grey in color
    I have been able to get Internet Access by installing Opera Mini and Bolt browsers
    I use the Gmail app to access my email directly from Gmail.

    What I am not getting is MMS or SMS service.

    Does anyone know how I am able to get MMS and or SMS working?

  8. #8
    logosteel's Avatar
    logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by esalespartner View Post
    What is the difference in other sim cards and the black ones.?


    I have the Boost Mobile $50.00 unlimited plan.
    I activated it using a Motorola i855
    Bought a Motorola 8350i used "only used for 2 weeks" from someone on CL.
    My current sim card is a 64k grey in color
    I have been able to get Internet Access by installing Opera Mini and Bolt browsers
    I use the Gmail app to access my email directly from Gmail.

    What I am not getting is MMS or SMS service.

    Does anyone know how I am able to get MMS and or SMS working?
    You can't without adding an application. I've seen the tutorial on other forums, but seems like waaaaay to much work.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •