I had redirector working with my 8700c. I replaced 8700 with 8300 and before I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

colwagon no está en línea Stack level 1

No Need for Desktop Redirector?

Advertisement

I had redirector working with my 8700c. I replaced 8700 with 8300 and before I got to my office to connect redirector to my new 8300, the 8300 started receiving emails from our MS exchange server. Still does, right on time. Redirector still thinks its trying (and failing) to send mail to my now-disconnected 8300. What's up? Does 8300 use windows mobile to bypass Redirector? Should I avoid fixing what isn't broken?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: No Need for Desktop Redirector?

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the Desktop Manager. When you install it, you're prompted to choose if you'll use the redirector or not. I don't remember the exact question, but you can choose if you'll connect via BIS or BES, if you'll use the redirector, etc.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

hey if it aint broke dont fix it
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the Desktop Manager. When you install it, you're prompted to choose if you'll use the redirector or not. I don't remember the exact question, but you can choose if you'll connect via BIS or BES, if you'll use the redirector, etc.
    You're right. When you re-install the Desktop Manager, the option for BIS or BES will show. To stop the redirector from working, choose BIS. Now if your device was setup on the company server initially, you should still get your company server emails and get BIS emails as well.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334 View Post
    hey if it aint broke dont fix it
    The only problem is that the redirector is gonna keep trying to find something to do, and the end user will eventually get unwanted messages from the redirector.