Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I finally jumped ship from my Treo 700wx and ordered an 8330 today. I said ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2

No Mms Yet!!! Dangit!!

Advertisement

I finally jumped ship from my Treo 700wx and ordered an 8330 today. I said I would never get rid of my Treo until I found a phone worthy. I THOUGHT I had found it in this 8330. Only to find out they don't have PictureMail/MMS!!!! WTF!!!! I don't understand how Sprint can have $100 phones that will do this but for some reason they block $600 phones from doing it. This is such a retarded issue. They should know better. Especially since (from what I was told) I "HAVE TO" purchase a BlackBerry plan which includes these two things. I've been a customer since '99. They really better get their act together or I may jump ship to another carrier. Verizon has it on their 8330 phones. What's the frikkin difference???

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade69 View Post
    I finally jumped ship from my Treo 700wx and ordered an 8330 today. I said I would never get rid of my Treo until I found a phone worthy. I THOUGHT I had found it in this 8330. Only to find out they don't have PictureMail/MMS!!!! WTF!!!! I don't understand how Sprint can have $100 phones that will do this but for some reason they block $600 phones from doing it. This is such a retarded issue. They should know better. Especially since (from what I was told) I "HAVE TO" purchase a BlackBerry plan which includes these two things. I've been a customer since '99. They really better get their act together or I may jump ship to another carrier. Verizon has it on their 8330 phones. What's the frikkin difference???
    8330 DOES HAVE PICTURE mail you just have to set it up on line one time and ur done,the mms will be avia soon,verizon has it,
    Mike

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi Blade.
    I don't have sprint and I don't have an 8330 but I'll tell you what happened with my 8320 from Tmobile and maybe it will help you.
    Mine wouldn't send or receive mms either when I first got it.
    It was very frustrating, so I know how you feel.
    I actually sent myself an mms, and resent all my service books, and re-registered on the network and it worked for me after that.
    Of course there are still times when I can't send or receive, but that is an issue with Tmobile.
    I hope this helps.
    Maybe you can try it...

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    8330 DOES HAVE PICTURE mail you just have to set it up on line one time and ur done,the mms will be avia soon,verizon has it,
    I don't think he is talking about picture email, but picture messaging via the mms feature.

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade69 View Post

If you can, take the phone back and jump ship to a carrier who will provide everything you need. I will warn you that VZW requires to purchase VZ navigator at 9.99 per month to use the GPS on your phone. Other than that everything is great. I love VZW since I came over from sprint 2 years ago. Even with that one shortcoming, I am 100 percent satisfied. I would suggest you check out the carriers and see what you find.

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    If you can, take the phone back and jump ship to a carrier who will provide everything you need. I will warn you that VZW requires to purchase VZ navigator at 9.99 per month to use the GPS on your phone. Other than that everything is great. I love VZW since I came over from sprint 2 years ago. Even with that one shortcoming, I am 100 percent satisfied. I would suggest you check out the carriers and see what you find.
    Unfortunately I just renewed with Sprint for 2 years. I've been with them for 8 years and overall happy with them. I was going to get rid of my Treo 700wx for the 755p which I know you can send picturemail via MMS. Then I heard they were coming out with the 800 so I was waiting for that. Well once the specs of that phone was released, I was very disappointed so I was just going to go with the 755p. But as soon as I was about to, I saw the BB 8330 and thought it was NIRVANA!!! Everything I could possibly want. I read the specs on it and purchased one. Only to find out afterwards that those SPRINT bastards are still BLOCKING, yes BLOCKING picturemail via MMS. If I could jump ship to Verizon I would. Unfortunately I'm stuck now unless I want to pay the $200.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    Blade69 if you just got the 8330 you have 30 days to take it back without paying any fees and you can cancel the contract to jump ship. Maybe when you cancel you can let Sprint know the reason and maybe they can give you some kind of credit until they actually release the MMS which I'm also waiting on. Right now Sprint is hurting for customers so they wouldn't want to loose you as a customer.

uofmguy85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A5114B

Lightbulb Work Around...

There has been recent talk about Sprint working on a solution. Not sure if they really are or how long it will take to get it working. For now I have a work around that works for me at least. (I know, I know, we shouldn't NEED a work around but here it is.)
    1. First save the following in your address book ##########@pm.sprint.com where the ########## is YOUR number. (NOTE: if you already have a picturemail account and can access it online then you can add another email "alias" to be "your screenname"@pm.sprint.com)
    2. Send any pictures you want in a single email to that email address.
    3. You will get a text message from sprint telling you that you got a picturemail.
    4. "Get Link" and the browser will open and take you to the message. From there you can forward the picturemail to anyone with a cell phone number (It is just easier to send directly from email if you are sending to another email address.)
    5. Be happy that there is a work around (even if you cannot send directly from your address book until Sprint puts out its formal "fix").
    Oh, and for those of you wondering. I don't know if the BIS package comes with Picturemail or not... But I do know that I currently have the BKB Simply Everything Plan and it DOES include Picturemail.

If this doesn't work for you feel free to post a reply and I will try and help if I can.

--Michael

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    I still think that Sprint really sucks for the BB MMS issue. Aside from no mms I don't have any other issues with Sprint.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Wow, i dont think its that serious.. I miss mms also, but there are too many other pros from sprint to not even consider jumping ship. But, if its that important to you, then by all means, jump ship...

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I know that this is probably beating a dead horse, but WHY dont they have them? Have they ever provided an answer?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

k4mjk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    why do you need to send mms if you have email the limit is small on mms anyway

uofmguy85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A5114B
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    I know that this is probably beating a dead horse, but WHY dont they have them? Have they ever provided an answer?

I believe that I read somewhere that MMS is all in the implementation on the servers. Supposedly Sprint has a special way of sending MMS which is the PictureMail system. MMS is not installed on their servers and the rest of their system. Also, another person had mentioned that MMS is not really MMS on any carrier. It is a way of linking to the internet to download the photo and how tight the integration with certain phones and carriers all differs... Sprint chose to go with PictureMail which is very loosely integrated because you get a SMS pointing you to a website rather than doing the download for you. Personally I like the PictureMail system. It is about time that Sprint makes it available for all it's picture phones though!!! (Rumors have it that Sprint is working on Windows Mobile and BB OS versions of PictureMail. )

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    OK I may be stepping out on a limb here but I just went to my camera, hit the menu button, then view pictures and all your pictures will open up as thumbnails. Scroll down to the picture you want to send then hit menu button again, scroll down to "send as email" or the one right under that is "send to messenger contact."
    Now I am running the beta version of 4.5.0.77 on the BB OS and also have upgraded my DM to 4.6.
    I am not sure if these options were in the 4.3 version (on the phone) but with the beta upgrade which is not an official upgrade I had read on the forum somewhere that the camera had some enhancements, but I can send pictures to a messenger contact from the camera, I have not tried it from my contacts but it is just as easy to do it from the camera as going into your contacts and doing it.
    Hope this helps, but that is how I do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast