Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I use ny mms on uma too with no problems ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~... BlackBerry Curve forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

I use ny mms on uma too with no problems
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cool. I do know that a friend of mine had a wifi device with sprint.and was never able to send a pic while on wifi.then again sprint still uses their picmail system :b .

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    Cowboy is actually correct if and only if those using wifi are doing so without a valid Sim card in the phone. Thats when UMA wont send the MMS. Can only send MMS with a sim card. funny thing is the mobile network doesnt even have to be turned on...just a valid SIM in BB. Pretty weird but so cool how the UMA calls work too over wifi even when the mobile network is actually turned off.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I am curious about something. To all the folks that have an issue with sending pics over wi-fi, are you able to get on the internet while on wi-fi only? For those that don't have a data plan, you should still be able to get onto T-Zones.

Zo

PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    or I should say cant send MMS over wifi vs UMA. UMA will only connect if there is SIM card

PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    if you wanna send pics over wifi (not UMA) and doent have UMA then why not just send email via wifi rather than MMS?

Hidr0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B31E66
    Pics or didnt happened!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I was sure last night and now I am cornfused!

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A
    I was able to send pics and recieve pics via UMA last week. I cant test it right now I dont have access to wifi right now. I was at my GF's parents house on vacation last week.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by angelzrage View Post
    Cool. I do know that a friend of mine had a wifi device with sprint.and was never able to send a pic while on wifi.then again sprint still uses their picmail system :b .
    To my knowledge Sprint still doesn't have MMS support working on their devices. What year is this by the way...??
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5
    I have found if you set SMS/MMS to prefer "packet switched" over "circuit switched" it seems to be more reliable.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    Cowboy is actually correct if and only if those using wifi are doing so without a valid Sim card in the phone. Thats when UMA wont send the MMS. Can only send MMS with a sim card. funny thing is the mobile network doesnt even have to be turned on...just a valid SIM in BB. Pretty weird but so cool how the UMA calls work too over wifi even when the mobile network is actually turned off.
    That's cause the mobile network is turned on with UMA. It's just connecting via a different bunch of gear (WiFi and the pc's router/cable connection etc) instead of "OTA" as we've always called it. Think of it as Mobile Network UMA.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    So, if I don't have a text plan, but I do have a data plan, and I can connect via UMA through my personal wifi router, will I get charged tmob's 0.20 per MMS over UMA still? SMS works the same way?

Edit: Re-reading BigNewts post above, it might mean the text message is still going thru tmob's network, so have to assume I'd still get charged? Anyone can confirm?

Last edited by s4berry; 03-24-2009 at 02:22 AM.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, you'll get charged via UMA. There is a way to beat the sms/txt charge using data but I forget the deal to use it. Basically you use a free 3rd party service and their phone number. I can't get you any closer than that.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    So, if I don't have a text plan, but I do have a data plan, and I can connect via UMA through my personal wifi router, will I get charged tmob's 0.20 per MMS over UMA still? SMS works the same way?

Edit: Re-reading BigNewts post above, it might mean the text message is still going thru tmob's network, so have to assume I'd still get charged? Anyone can confirm?

Yes, you should still be charged for the message since it will still be routed through the messaging server. Sending it as an email will avoid that charge since it won't be an MMS/SMS coming from your phone even though it will come in to the recieving party that way depending on the service they have.

Zo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast