Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Its confirmed! I have never been able to send or receive MMS with my Curve. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F

No MMS for the Curve with AT&T!

Advertisement

Its confirmed! I have never been able to send or receive MMS with my Curve. Its not a feature I use really, but since I had it I may want to use it one day. My carrier is AT&T. Well I finally called them to see if they can get the MMS to operate on my Curve. After 2 HOURS on the phone with their TECH., she went to another tech and she was in turn told that its a problem that they have with customers who own the Curve. She said I was just in a long list of customers who can not send or receive MMS! She did not know exactly what about the Curve that wont send or receive MMS, but its a on-going issue. She also told me that I could send back my Curve for a new one, but that may not cure the MMS problem. So I guess I will have to wait for the 8820 to come on the market and hopefully MMS will operate on that unit! Just wanted to pass this info out.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and Human stupidity; and I am not sure about the former.
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

aacurve no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: No MMS for the Curve with AT&T!

hmm... MMS works on my Curve just fine for sending... have not ever received a MMS so can't say if that works...

-aacurve

aacurve no está en línea Stack level 2

Actually I guess it doesn't work on mine...I always emailed the pictures which does work.. just tried to do a MMS and it also failed when the camera was set to the highest resolution... when I lowered the resolution of the pictures it worked... that's not acceptable to me as I shouldn't have to lower the quality of the pictures to send them via MMS if I wanted to use it....

-aacurve

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

Works fine on mine it didn't at first but I called customer service got transferred to a data tech then to bb tech and they ended up having to provision my account to get it to work and it does

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

yup its always just the provisioning
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    yup its always just the provisioning
    indeed. if you don't have a pay per use plan or a package attached to your account, mms is out of the question. i have seen several customers with curves not be able to mms even with the correct package provisioned. usually deleting the feature and readding it will fix this problem. if at all possible try and get ahold of the individual/sales person that sold you the curve and have them remove and re add the feature to your account.

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    Quote Originally Posted by aacurve
    Actually I guess it doesn't work on mine...I always emailed the pictures which does work.. just tried to do a MMS and it also failed when the camera was set to the highest resolution... when I lowered the resolution of the pictures it worked... that's not acceptable to me as I shouldn't have to lower the quality of the pictures to send them via MMS if I wanted to use it....

-aacurve
    Last I checked, MMS had a 600kB file size limit. I'm sure your high quality 2MP pics off the Curve exceed that, so you have no choice... must decrese size somehow if you want to MMS them. One thing Windows Mobile does do right... it let's you specify the MMS resolution and automatically resizes on the fly.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Have you tried deleting the two MMS service books and then resending?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

the limit really has nothing to do with it

I would either do what Cherri mentioned above or have att remove the bb plan and then readd. I personally would go to a att store so I know that they are doing it right.. Or I could do it for you tomorrow either way it should work.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

I think the limit is just under 300kb but better to email the picture in its full 2MP glory!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I can take a pic on the highest settings and send it MMS. I don't think his issue is size. Its the provisioning. NOT the device. Do what harry and I both suggested. Maybe when u added ur bb plan the mms provisioning was removed. U do have to at least have pay per use activated on ur acct to make it work.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I can't receive MMS on curve with tmobile either. I have an unlocked at&t curve..

ginahla no está en línea Stack level 1

i recieve and send MMS just fine since i have unlimited sms and mms. sometime i will not recieve mms until a few hours later especially if its from someone who has not send me one before. i think it may be the carriers just a guess though
    ciao...ginah!!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I never had issue sending or receiving, that I recall, with the Curve... didn't use it often but those few times, no problems. Like above - delete your service book and re-send them. Also make sure you have a valid data plan and provisions on your account.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5

It's definitely the provisioning, I'm pretty much a newbie and this was also my issue, after they verified that I had a BB package, they simply provisioned my account and as stated above, no matter what size file, I am able to send and receive with no issues whatsoever...., Call, get it Provisioned pal..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast