My friend just got the 8900, and we ran the application wizard when Blackberry Desktop ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

No Maps Icon

Advertisement

My friend just got the 8900, and we ran the application wizard when Blackberry Desktop Manager came up, and Maps was checked, and it shows it on the phone in Applications under Options, but there is still no Maps icon on the phone.

He doesn't have the Data plan though, any help?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you check in the folders?
    the newer device (8220, 9000, 8900, etc) themes group apps into folders. make sure it isn't in the 'downloads' or 'applications' folder

ps. i do not think the maps will work without data.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    If he doesn't have a data plan then the BB maps is useless since it uses data.

It will show up after you send service books, but since he doesn't have a data plan there is no reason for him to have the service books. You're outta luck sorry.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, in THEORY BBMaps could work over the 8900's wifi, but to be honest what's the point?
    Not sure how he could even get service books since as far as I know getting service books sent requires logging into BIS. No data plan = no BIS.
    I get the whole wonder of wifi and all, but honestly I don't get why someone spends the money to buy a BlackBerry and not get a data plan? Seems to me defeats the purpose.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh yeah, by default BBMaps installs within the Applications folder on OS 4.6 and up.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~