Hi I just got my blackberry curve 8300 and do not have the data plan ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

no internet

Advertisement

Hi I just got my blackberry curve 8300 and do not have the data plan as of yet so I was wondering is there any way to turn the browser off. I always accidently hit the icon and the internet will start going so then I will get charged for like 0.1 mb or something like that. I turned the data services off in the mobile network options so that's all I need to do so the internet doesn't work right?

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: no internet

I'm assuming it's working because now when I click the browser icon it says requesting and then just stops. What is the lock icon on the right side of the screen when I click the browser icon? It's like an unlocked lock. And while it's requesting.. I won't get charged for that right? Because it requests for like 1 second and then just like freezes at the at&t logo and then nothing happens.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

You might want to hide the browser icon if you're worrying about accidentially hitting it. That way you won't run into any trouble. I doubt that you will get charged because yo didn't fully connect to the web. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along and give you better insight. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

You can hide your browser or you can just turn off the Data.