Results 1 to 12 of 12

I've tried 3 different apps for streaming radio and I still have the same issue. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    gots2beme's Avatar
    gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    129

    No incoming calls while streaming radio

    Advertisement



    I've tried 3 different apps for streaming radio and I still have the same issue. Whenever I'm streaming, none of my phone calls come thru. Is there something I have to do to make sure my phone calls will still come through while listening to streaming radio? I've tried moodio, flycast, and nobex radio companion. Can anyone assist? Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    sooner's Avatar
    sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,092
    Try going to Profiles, Advanced, then click menu button and edit your browser for not busy, see if that helps.

    iLord is DEAD!


  3. #3
    gots2beme's Avatar
    gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Try going to Profiles, Advanced, then click menu button and edit your browser for not busy, see if that helps.
    Hi, thanks for your assistance. I've tried what you've suggested but I don't see an option to edit my browser for not busy. Any suggestions?

  4. #4
    sooner's Avatar
    sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,092

    Thumbs up

    Do you know where your Profiles are? It is the speaker icon. click it, scroll down to advanced click it, then click your menu button, then click edit. When you click edit scroll to Browser, click Browser, then scroll to Out of holster and In holster click tone, then on both OUT and IN HOLSTER under ringtone select desired ringtone.
    Sounds like a lot but you can do it.

    iLord is DEAD!


  5. #5
    gots2beme's Avatar
    gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Do you know where your Profiles are? It is the speaker icon. click it, scroll down to advanced click it, then click your menu button, then click edit. When you click edit scroll to Browser, click Browser, then scroll to Out of holster and In holster click tone, then on both OUT and IN HOLSTER under ringtone select desired ringtone.
    Sounds like a lot but you can do it.
    OK, I have followed your instructions to a T but still no incoming calls. I tried to call my cell from the house phone while streaming radio and it still doesn't ring.

  6. #6
    sooner's Avatar
    sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,092
    Well im stumped, sorry that didnt help. i do know when i stream i can not activate my phone as to play a game or googlew on the net but i get my calls, i use Moodio.

    Sorry dude.

    iLord is DEAD!


  7. #7
    gots2beme's Avatar
    gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Well im stumped, sorry that didnt help. i do know when i stream i can not activate my phone as to play a game or googlew on the net but i get my calls, i use Moodio.

    Sorry dude.
    Thanks for trying!

    Anyone else have any suggestions?

  8. #8
    gots2beme's Avatar
    gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    129
    Any help here guys? I can't comfortably listen to music knowing I'm potentially missing an important phone call. Help!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #9
    neilbu's Avatar
    neilbu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    35
    Geez, then I think the simple answer is don't listen to streaming music on your BB during your working day. Get an iPod or other mp3 player.

    ***NEIL***

  10. #10
    gots2beme's Avatar
    gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by neilbu View Post
    Geez, then I think the simple answer is don't listen to streaming music on your BB during your working day. Get an iPod or other mp3 player.

    ***NEIL***
    The simple answer? I'm not looking for the simple answer, I'm looking for a solution. If you don't have a solution, why bother posting in this thread? Geez...

  11. #11
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    I've noticed this problem, too, gots.

    It wrote to one of the developers and they said it is a network issue and nothing they can do about it.

    The problem is that it doesn't happen all the time, at least to me. Sometimes calls come through, sometimes they don't.

    Sorry I don't have a solution for you, but this is what I know!

  12. #12
    gots2beme's Avatar
    gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I've noticed this problem, too, gots.

    It wrote to one of the developers and they said it is a network issue and nothing they can do about it.

    The problem is that it doesn't happen all the time, at least to me. Sometimes calls come through, sometimes they don't.

    Sorry I don't have a solution for you, but this is what I know!
    Thanks Ro! Helpful as always. My main concern was whether or not it was a settings issue on my berry. If there's nothing I can do on my phone, then oh well. Again, thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •