Last night was with family and friends around a bonfire having some drinks and decided ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

No Flash on 8900 camera

Advertisement

Last night was with family and friends around a bonfire having some drinks and decided to take some pictures. So pulled out my curve and got the camera ready, did its autofocus then....no flash! I tried it multiple times and I checked my options and set the default flash setting to on and still nothing (girlfriend making fun of me by now since she has the storm). So I'm wondering is it the os? I already did a battery pull and still nothing? Any ideas? Oh and my battery was pretty decent.
    Last edited by lcgtr; 02-15-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I doubt it's the OS if you have the original that came with it. My guess is the drinks.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Lol I think it was........ Or don't really remember if my battery was charged cuz it works fine now.
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    +1 for the g'friend
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Comptrmech no está en línea Stack level 1

flash problem

I am going to assume that you never altered your stock flash setting which means the flash will only go off unless "it" thinks it needs additional light. You mentioned you were around a campfire so was the campfire in the picture? If so you camera was reading the light output from your fire, thus no flash. You can change your options while in the camera mode, however if you do, remember you battery life will dimish faster.

PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Well I changed it to on and tried it again in the dark but still nothing, this is getting on my nerves.

exene no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    I know what you mean about the flash. I was at a restaurant and tried taking a pic of my mom across the table and the flash did not go off. The place was dimly lit. Its a little annoying. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    I~via smartphone~