Hi , I don´t have the icon e-mail settings on my 8300 so I can´t ... BlackBerry Curve forum

barebones no está en línea Stack level 1

No e-mail settings Icon - Help

Advertisement

Hi , I don´t have the icon e-mail settings on my 8300 so I can´t setup my pop email , could anyone help me , I already ugrade to latest software rom but nothing hapens , thank you

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: No e-mail settings Icon - Help

Quote Originally Posted by barebones
    Hi , I don´t have the icon e-mail settings on my 8300 so I can´t setup my pop email , could anyone help me , I already ugrade to latest software rom but nothing hapens , thank you
    First we'll start with the most critical item. Do you have a BlackBerry Data plan? If not, you must get one to get email, and you'll probably get the email setup icon when you do.

Second, make sure the icon isn't hidden. From the main screen, hit the [Menu] button (button to the left of the Trackball) and make sure Show All from the pop up menu that appears in one of the corners has a check mark. If it doesn't, scroll down to it and hit [Enter]. If you're using a Zen or Today theme, you may have to hit it twice to get the pop-up menu. Just make sure that when you're done Show All is checked.

Make sure the device has registered on the data network. Go to Options (which may be under Settings, Tools, or Applications depending on your theme), then select Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table. Click the [Menu] button and select Register Now. You should get a message that a Registration Message has been sent. If you get a message that it has been queued and will be sent, somethings wrong - you need to turn on your wireless, get a data plan, get into range of service, etc. This may (should) induce any missing service books (and icons) to be pushed down to the device.

If it still doesn't show up, open your browser (BlackBerry or Computer) and go to your provider's BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) web page, create an account (I assume you haven't already), and set up your personal email. Your (North American) Provider's BIS page can be found at the bottom of this page.

Good luck!
    JerryD