Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

just logged into the Premier website, It gave me the option for "device only" and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: No curve at my local Cingy store!

Advertisement

just logged into the Premier website, It gave me the option for "device only" and it allowed me to order the Curve for $299.99 plus an $18 upgrade fee oh well it is free shipping. Hope it all goes and arrives quickly.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by wassona
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah. I checked a couple places in Houston and they didn't even know that they were released yet. Why does it seem that ATT isn't keeping there stores informed or stocked?
    I would bet that they got an email telling them about it but the individual reps were too lazy to read it. I have had that happen this week.

Rcbjr
    ~via My Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Just picked on up! Time to play around with it. I talked to the Cingular reps here and they all said that all the places that didn't get them should have them by tomorrrow.

emdavis86 no está en línea Stack level 1

i went into the cingular store at 5pm and they still had some... i'm in union city, ca.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I got mine in Arlington, TX; between Dallas and Fort Worth. They only had 4 instock yesterday and my guy was holding me one so I got it a day early. He was off today but based on the amount of calls he said he was getting I'm sure they were gone this morning.

All I can say is that this is THE blackberry. I've used them all from every carrier and nothing can touch this puppy. It's perfect in form and function. The keyboard is AMAZING. I have large hands and it's a snap to use. Get one. Beg, borrow or steal (not mine please) but get your hands on one. I can't put it down.

Oh, and they do a TERRIBLE job communicating to the reps. My guy didn't even know there was a blackberry coming until I told him the DAY BEFORE they got it. Maybe, as stated above, they just don't read the internal communications.
    Last edited by evilhomer; 06-01-2007 at 01:45 AM.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

I looked in the Newark NJ store and her knew what I was talking about, but no go! I'm going to try Manhattan 2morrow, that's my off day.

JE

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    OMG ya'll - i found one, and i ain't even gonna say where, and they won't hold it for me bc its the last one :cry: (40 minutes away)
    Sorry to hear that. We hold phones for people all the time. Wish you lived in my area I'd hold one for ya. Oh, by the way our store (Roanoke,VA) did't get them today either. :cry: But if we had, I would have held you one.
    P.S. I think our UPS guy thought i was going to mug him when he came into the store. LOL
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

this is crazy, my store let me down again and didn't get any

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

As someone that has a couple friends that work/have worked in corprate cingy stores, I can say that some of the times the reps lie to you. For instance, reps usally do not want to sell you the phone right out, they want to sell the newest and hottest phone to somenoe that is adding a line, activating a line, or someone that is a "regular" that brings them good business. I mean, it makes sense right? It is pretty slimey, but seriously these guys have to live too right? lets say her name is Annie, Annie told me that when the Pearl first came out, they were instructed by their manager to say "that they haven't recieved a shipment of the pearl in yet or to play dumb, in order to hold these phones for only the newest and most profitable of customers." So, I am not sure how much I believe when I call a cingy store and they say "we don't have them in yet..." Good luck everyone, just be persistant and mention something about adding a line or I dunno...

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

I got them to hold one for me on release day and give me an ezception upgrade telling them that I knew people within my company that were going to switch to Cingular and get the new curve (we have a slef managed device plan so they can pick any provider/phone). I told them that I wanted to be able to support the device. It worked, walked in about 6 pm last Thursday. The guy I had talked to wasn't there and this other guy told me they didn't have any. I gave him my name and number and asked him to check in the back. He came out with my phone. I really wasn't completely lying but fudged the truth a smidge. My point is that they DO lie... Can't say I blame them to much.

~via BB Curve(wap.pinstack.com)~

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I would bet that they got an email telling them about it but the individual reps were too lazy to read it. I have had that happen this week.

Rcbjr
    ~via My Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Let me set the record straight on this one. First-we did not receive any emails pertaining to the Curve. My coworkers only knew about it because of me. I'm a junkie. LOL. We actually didn't get any official notification until Friday.
    Second-alot of stores didn't get them on thursday or friday. My store, which is the biggest store in the area, didn't get them yet. Yet the small store across town did. Really strange, but anyway.
    Third-it is true some reps will hold out on you if your looking to buy devices outright. Others have been told by management, only to sell them for new acts or upgrades. Not all reps trying to score. Some are doing what they are told, some are trying to make a living, and some are just trying to make their quota so they don't get fired. And I'm not joking about the last one. We have extremely high and mostly unrealalistic quotas.
    Don't get me wrong I love what I do and I'm glad I have survived this long, but its not all fun and games.
    As for me, I will sell you whatever you want. I'm not the used car salesman type. I just like giving people what they want. But the truth of things is, not everybody is like me. There are definitely some reps that do it for the money. I do it for the love it.
    P.S. I hope all that got an 8300 are enjoying them and those that haven't I hope you get your hands on one soon. This is truely a beautiful device. Long live the Berry!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I got mine today in Kona, Hawaii

They seemed to have quite a few in stock.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

Well I didn't get mine at my local cingy, had to go about 25 mins away to the Greenwich,CT store. They got 30 on Friday and are expecting another large shipment today(all were sold out in a few hours) so anyone near there still without shop hop on over. I would call to get one on hold because when I was there they sold the last one and people just kpet coming in asking about it and had to leave empty handed. They said most stores in NY(excluding NYC) did nto get because all stock is going to NYC.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by gruv15
    Let me set the record straight on this one. First-we did not receive any emails pertaining to the Curve. My coworkers only knew about it because of me. I'm a junkie. LOL. We actually didn't get any official notification until Friday.
    Second-alot of stores didn't get them on thursday or friday. My store, which is the biggest store in the area, didn't get them yet. Yet the small store across town did. Really strange, but anyway.
    Third-it is true some reps will hold out on you if your looking to buy devices outright. Others have been told by management, only to sell them for new acts or upgrades. Not all reps trying to score. Some are doing what they are told, some are trying to make a living, and some are just trying to make their quota so they don't get fired. And I'm not joking about the last one. We have extremely high and mostly unrealalistic quotas.
    Don't get me wrong I love what I do and I'm glad I have survived this long, but its not all fun and games.
    As for me, I will sell you whatever you want. I'm not the used car salesman type. I just like giving people what they want. But the truth of things is, not everybody is like me. There are definitely some reps that do it for the money. I do it for the love it.
    P.S. I hope all that got an 8300 are enjoying them and those that haven't I hope you get your hands on one soon. This is truely a beautiful device. Long live the Berry!
    I believe you when you say that some stores did not get the Curve on the release date, but in two of the three stores I visited, on the 28th. to see which store it would be best to visit on release date, the at least one of the employees, not the manager, stated they had an email about it. One even pointed out to another that he had one while I was standing next to them. I guess the email didn't go to all stores, or maybe just to the store manager, who in some cases didn't forward it or let the employees know about it.

That was where I was coming from.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

Quote Originally Posted by gruv15
    Sigh, if only all cingy reps were like you. Thank you for doing your job and doing it well! The reason why one of my friends left, was due to the fact that the quota and sales pressure was far too high! She would always set her quota for that week a little lower than what she knew she would normally do in a week. That way she would always meet her "weekly goal." It wasn't this bad when the company was just "cingular..." Well thanks again and keep up the good work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123