Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Okay, I really appreciate your help. I have to take care of this when I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: No Calender Reminders

Advertisement

Okay, I really appreciate your help. I have to take care of this when I get home. I may email you later if that is okay with you as I am having other problems with my bb. I wanted to know how to install themes. Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thank you though!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

No worries If online I'll be glad to help. There are a lot of other helpful Stackers here as well, just post up your questions. Good luck!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I had this problem as well. I found a link to a BB calendar patch in another thread. Downloaded it and voila, I have calendar alerts.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Not sure if anyone needs this but here is a link to a patch for this issue I believe...

http://www.blackberry.com/CalendarPa...h/index2.shtml

I loaded this and have had zero issues since.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

i deleted all the CICAL, calender reminders worked again.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

Thanks for everyone's help. I will try both of the methods. I guess I will leave my bb connected to my pc while I'm at the gym... hopefully it will work. Thanks a lot!

I downloaded the patch (link provided by TheRiddler) and my reminders worked perfectly fine. However, I now have duplicate entries of almost everything in my calendar and none of them would delete! I mean, I'm able to click the delete button on my bb and then confirm the delete, but after I close my calendar and reopen it, the entry is still there. So for each one of them, I'm no longer allowed to edit previous entries that I had inputed. What do I do? Btw, Lavagirl, I tried upgrading the Platform and may have failed that, too. I did everything you described, but when I go to the About menu, I don't think any of the Platform/Version information changed. Did I do it wrong?

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Wow, I am sorry to hear about the duplications. I have not experienced that once. Have you tried to resend your service books to see if that clears up your inability to delete previous entries?

Are you deleting them on your bb but they are still on your pc calendar? You may want to look at your synch rules to ensure you do not have your pc always winning conflicts.

To do this make sure your bb is connected to your pc.
    Right click on the Synchronize icon and click on Open
    Go to the Configuration tab
    Click on Configure Synch
    Highlight Calendar and click on the Configure button and then click on Advanced Settings
    Click on the Conflict Resolution tab
    I use the Notify me when conflict occurs option...you may have it flagged as Outlook wins which would cause your deleted items to keep reappearing when you synch again.

Not sure if this is your issue or not but it is worth looking into.

Good luck!

I am going to retry sending service books, but will have to do the syncing later tonight as I'm at work right now and they have a million firewalls! Thank you though.

Resending service books does not work. I suppose I will wait until I get home to take care of the duplication of my calendar entries. I can manually delete the entries, but they don't delete. Does that make sense?

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

i downloaded the patch and it messed up my curve. app 205 error. white screen. had to load new os. deleted all cical's and worked fine. since then i added one cical to service book and still working fine.

Hmmmmm.. I'm frustrated now. Lol. I think my Curve is fine, it's just that I have duplicate entries in my calendar and I can't delete them. The reminders are working though... :/

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

There is a known issue with the patch, which is why I previously recommended an OS upgrade instead of the patch for this issue. The issue does in fact cause the app 205 error and it has been reported previously. If you are getting this error, I suggest a device wipe using JL_cmder and reinstalling OS using my link above in post #40.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Lavagirl, I hate to be a pest, but I was wondering if you could walk me through how to wipe out the previous downloaded patch. I deleted it from my Applications menu, but it doesn't seem like it's working. Could you possibly give me a step by step instruction? I would greatly appreciate it. No offense to you TheRiddler.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Kyo I would do a device wipe using JL_cmder: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452

Then do the OS install after the device wipe.

Let me know if you aren't sure about doing the device wipe. This will completely erase your os from your bb so you need to do a backup of your device on DM first so your data will be backed up.
    Good luck!
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast