Hey guys here's the deal. After a few weeks of pestering i convinced my friend's ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4

No browser after 4.5 OS update?

Advertisement

Hey guys here's the deal. After a few weeks of pestering i convinced my friend's boss to update his 8320 to 4.5 OS.

I updated it with 4.5.0.93 beta (this was like 2 days before .102 was in the wild)

I followed all the rules removed media card etc and the update went smoothly.

He didn't have access to the BB browser but wifi was no problem. I needed to run but advised him to just resend the service books and he'll be fine.

So on Friday night a saw him and asked how he liked the update and said the browser still was down and he carried the BB to the carrier and they can't figure out what to do. Not very surprising in my experience. They told him to completely wipe the BB and that was that. He didn't have the phone on him at the time but i will be taking a look at it tomorrow. I'm confident i can find what's wrong but has anyone here encountered this after a 4.5 upgrade?

Thanks.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The betas are simply that! They have errors and that was the reasoning for testing them to get all the bugs worked out. I would suggest finding an official release and upgrading the OS to that.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks. I figured that. I originally wanted to update him with .81 but .81 gave my 8100 a memory leak from hell. .93 and now .102 are both working great for me.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad to help out