How can I download it because I don't have it,I was told that its preinstalled ... BlackBerry Curve forum

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3

no bb messenger

Advertisement

How can I download it because I don't have it,I was told that its preinstalled on 4.5 but its not on here.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Did your curve come pre-loaded with 4.5? It should be on your device unless 1) you do not have a data plan and have never sent service books or 2) you deleted it on accident (accident would be very hard to do). Do you have a blackberry data plan?

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Cherri is right john. When you send your service books it will show up, but it will only work with a data plan because it uses your internet connection to send and receive messages. If you don't have an unlimited plan you might want to rethink it.

go to---options---advanced options---service books---and it should automatically request them if it doesnt hit your menu button and request them manually.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Have a data plan and its not in service books

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Did you try downloading something new, such as the new BBM 5.0?

The reason I ask is because there have been a lot of cases where people have tried to do so, unsuccessfully, and then lost their icon for BB Messenger.

What you would have to do is find the latest update for 4.5 for your model and carrier and reload it onto your phone.

What carrier are you with? T-Mo? Verizon? ATT?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yes, smooth is right. Stay away from 5.0 it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! at least in my case and my g/f's. We were so mad at this crappola. I had to install my bb's OS from my carrier fix/ run DM check the box for bbmessenger (lost all my contacts of course) Did the same thing for her (all her contacts lost as well). We're both back but very dissappointed with BBM5 it's trash. Stay away from it. We also didn't like the fact that you have to save a pic/ crop/save to send/ laggy send/receive bbm messages/ the fact that you have to download a file was just very cumbersome. Thank goodness we're back on our stock bbm's. We're waiting on the official release of it but even then we don't think we'll like it as much as the one we currently have. I would give up on avatars/smilies just to have a solid running bbm. why rim, why
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Its a tmobile 8320,and no I have never download any bbm I have never used it on this phone,ill just see if I can download the newest os and see if its on there. Question when I back up my data before I upgrade will it save my themes and apps I have never done it.

steve2039 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Yes, smooth is right. Stay away from 5.0 it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! at least in my case and my g/f's. We were so mad at this crappola. I had to install my bb's OS from my carrier fix/ run DM check the box for bbmessenger (lost all my contacts of course) Did the same thing for her (all her contacts lost as well). We're both back but very dissappointed with BBM5 it's trash. Stay away from it. We also didn't like the fact that you have to save a pic/ crop/save to send/ laggy send/receive bbm messages/ the fact that you have to download a file was just very cumbersome. Thank goodness we're back on our stock bbm's. We're waiting on the official release of it but even then we don't think we'll like it as much as the one we currently have. I would give up on avatars/smilies just to have a solid running bbm. why rim, why
    that sucks....

my 8330 works fine

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Steve2039 we are in the same boat! Well, my contacts did get wiped, but luckily I made a backup. So after reinstalling BBM, and backing up my old contacts, AND then trying it for a second time, it worked and I have all my contacts

But back to the point... Johnb51780, the backup will save most things on your phone like sms, mms, emails, contacts, memos, calendar dates, etc..... but not themes and apps, sorry.

Try going into your applications from the desktop manager and see in BBM is checked or not... It may be easier that way.

But always make backups anyway!

Goodluck

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications, does it show Blackberry Messenger as installed? If so, my next question is, are you using a custom theme, or have you moved icons around on your home screen? If either of these are yes, then on your home screen, press the menu key, and select 'Show All' and check all of your folders to see if it shows up, but is grayed out.

On a side note, if you want to backup your 3rd party apps separately, just in case, PDX posted a great guide here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

shoopdewoop1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe you unchecked it when you were upgrading the OS?