Hi Is there a ota app that I can download to give me the latest ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Toby1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up News Apps for Blackberry

Advertisement

Hi

Is there a ota app that I can download to give me the latest news? I live in the U.K. a prog that gives an on screen newsflash or an icon that changes when the latest news comes in would be real good. Anything out there?

Thanks for Looking.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good Morning, first there is AP App for Blackberry, you can find that on the BB Mobile from your BB Browser, than of course there is Viigo

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Toby, I don't think there's one that changes an icon or flashes news across the screen but there are a lot of news services. AP News, that DJ mentioned. CNN mobile. The New York Times can be set up to send you an email for certain "breaking news" and I believe it's categorized - can't remember.

There are probably others and I don't know if any of these are OTA available. I think you have to go into the N Y Times application and set up preferences to get the emails - THAT is usually difficult to do from a phone. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    CNN news is a good one...it send the news updates to you SMS inbox...so no it's not the changing icon that you specifically wanted but an icon will change when you receive new news...hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    CNN news is a good one...it send the news updates to you SMS inbox...so no it's not the changing icon that you specifically wanted but an icon will change when you receive new news...hope this helps
    Good point, Magellan, I guess that's why I don't use the notice in CNN - I saved $20/mo by NOT taking the unlimited texts plan with Alltel so my SMS msgs are 20 cents ea. I IM using Jivetalk as an alternative and let the N Y Times email me with news notices. To each his/her own, I guess.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    yup whatever suits your $$$ is what you should choose...if you have unlimited text or data then your choices don't really matter...but for those like jblackfish who are pay-as-you go/pre-pay then you may have to be a little more choosey and savvy

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    CNN may also be able to send e-mails...i just know that my wife uses it but she has the unlimited plan from t-mo...so i'm not sure if it's SMS or e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    yup whatever suits your $$$ is what you should choose...if you have unlimited text or data then your choices don't really matter...but for those like jblackfish who are pay-as-you go/pre-pay then you may have to be a little more choosey and savvy
    Savvy, that's me! Haaa Haaa. You're a diplomat magellan. Cheap is what it is...except when you do 1/2 dozen txt message a month why pay $20 for that. I don't have many friends either.