Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Software Update for Blackberry 8900 This is for the 8900 model, and will load on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    KaraBear's Avatar
    KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    294

    Newest Curve 8900 OS 4.6.1.138/4.6.1.76

    Advertisement



    Software Update for Blackberry 8900

    This is for the 8900 model, and will load on any carrier's 8900.

    BlackBerry Handheld Javelin 8900 Software ((Multilanguage))

    Package Version: 4.6.1.138
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.1.76
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.62
    File name: 8900M_PBr4.6.1_rel138_PL4.2.0.62_A4.6.1.76.ex e
    File size: 116 MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

    Download here:
    Go to BlackBerry, click on "Free Download Area"->"Endgeräte"->"RIM Devices"->"8900". In this folder you will then find the download link for the firmware package 8900M_PBr4.6.1_rel138_PL4.2.0.62_A4.6.1.76.exe.

    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

  2. #2
    KaraBear's Avatar
    KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    294
    Also, there are newer builds than 4.6.1.76. DO NOT upgrade to anything past .76. Builds higher than .76 have MAJOR bugs and can brick your device, and cause many problems.

  3. #3
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Get me an AT&T 8900 first and I'll update it!
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  4. #4
    VR's Avatar
    VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    215
    my 8930 is awesome /keeps dreaming
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

  5. #5
    KaraBear's Avatar
    KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    294
    In due time. It's coming. The date for AT&T hasn't quite been nailed down yet. Some say December(the 23rd) and some say April/May. I'll post back when I know for sure.

  6. #6
    darryl71's Avatar
    darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Posts
    716
    Sounds like Rogers will be first in north america... but still waiting for it to hit the web or stores.

  7. #7
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    In due time. It's coming. The date for AT&T hasn't quite been nailed down yet. Some say December(the 23rd) and some say April/May. I'll post back when I know for sure.
    Cool, thanks a lot.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Sounds like Rogers will be first in north america... but still waiting for it to hit the web or stores.
    as i said in another thread, it shipped to stores yesterday and should pop up around monday-tuesday if not today (highly not probable).
    You can order it over the phone if you want but you are taking a 3-5 business days wait with it.

  9. #9
    darryl71's Avatar
    darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    as i said in another thread, it shipped to stores yesterday and should pop up around monday-tuesday if not today (highly not probable).
    You can order it over the phone if you want but you are taking a 3-5 business days wait with it.
    still catchin up buddy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    still catchin up buddy
    No worries ! Go check your tech support with rogers thread

  11. #11
    KaraBear's Avatar
    KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    294
    Also, of course there are newer OS versions than 4.6.1.76. The absolute newest is 4.6.1.101, but the OS's above .76 to .101 have some major bugs, from profiles not working, fatal exceptions upon boot, and browser problems. Of course most of these builds are attainable, but I just wanted to let everyone know. To my knowledge these problems with the OS have not delayed the release of the Curve 8900, but if I do hear something like that I will be sure to let everyone know.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    Also, of course there are newer OS versions than 4.6.1.76. The absolute newest is 4.6.1.101, but the OS's above .76 to .101 have some major bugs, from profiles not working, fatal exceptions upon boot, and browser problems. Of course most of these builds are attainable, but I just wanted to let everyone know. To my knowledge these problems with the OS have not delayed the release of the Curve 8900, but if I do hear something like that I will be sure to let everyone know.
    Thank you so much for all the insider insight

  13. #13
    ItsNowOrNever's Avatar
    ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30485184
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    Also, of course there are newer OS versions than 4.6.1.76. The absolute newest is 4.6.1.101, but the OS's above .76 to .101 have some major bugs, from profiles not working, fatal exceptions upon boot, and browser problems. Of course most of these builds are attainable, but I just wanted to let everyone know. To my knowledge these problems with the OS have not delayed the release of the Curve 8900, but if I do hear something like that I will be sure to let everyone know.
    It was like that with 4.5, but I didn't see any of that stopping the daring! I know it didnt stop me!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

  14. #14
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    It was like that with 4.5, but I didn't see any of that stopping the daring! I know it didnt stop me!
    Yea for real, I was updating almost every WEEK.

    Just added more fun to my summer, lol.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  15. #15
    KaraBear's Avatar
    KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    It was like that with 4.5, but I didn't see any of that stopping the daring! I know it didnt stop me!
    But the difference is that was at the start of 4.5. 4.6 has been around for a while now, and these bugs are in the later stages of 4.6.1. To have these kinds of bugs in the software this far along is not normal. It was a big mistake. But of course it will get fixed. Unlike with 4.5, on 4.6.1 if you stick with the earlier builds it better than the most recent ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •