Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Software Update for Blackberry 8900 This is for the 8900 model, and will load on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3

Newest Curve 8900 OS 4.6.1.138/4.6.1.76

Advertisement

Software Update for Blackberry 8900

This is for the 8900 model, and will load on any carrier's 8900.

BlackBerry Handheld Javelin 8900 Software ((Multilanguage))

Package Version: 4.6.1.138
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.1.76
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.62
    File name: 8900M_PBr4.6.1_rel138_PL4.2.0.62_A4.6.1.76.ex e
    File size: 116 MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download here:
    Go to BlackBerry, click on "Free Download Area"->"Endgeräte"->"RIM Devices"->"8900". In this folder you will then find the download link for the firmware package 8900M_PBr4.6.1_rel138_PL4.2.0.62_A4.6.1.76.exe.

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Also, there are newer builds than 4.6.1.76. DO NOT upgrade to anything past .76. Builds higher than .76 have MAJOR bugs and can brick your device, and cause many problems.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Get me an AT&T 8900 first and I'll update it!
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    my 8930 is awesome /keeps dreaming
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

In due time. It's coming. The date for AT&T hasn't quite been nailed down yet. Some say December(the 23rd) and some say April/May. I'll post back when I know for sure.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Sounds like Rogers will be first in north america... but still waiting for it to hit the web or stores.

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    In due time. It's coming. The date for AT&T hasn't quite been nailed down yet. Some say December(the 23rd) and some say April/May. I'll post back when I know for sure.
    Cool, thanks a lot.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Sounds like Rogers will be first in north america... but still waiting for it to hit the web or stores.
    as i said in another thread, it shipped to stores yesterday and should pop up around monday-tuesday if not today (highly not probable).
    You can order it over the phone if you want but you are taking a 3-5 business days wait with it.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    as i said in another thread, it shipped to stores yesterday and should pop up around monday-tuesday if not today (highly not probable).
    You can order it over the phone if you want but you are taking a 3-5 business days wait with it.
    still catchin up buddy

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    still catchin up buddy
    No worries ! Go check your tech support with rogers thread

Also, of course there are newer OS versions than 4.6.1.76. The absolute newest is 4.6.1.101, but the OS's above .76 to .101 have some major bugs, from profiles not working, fatal exceptions upon boot, and browser problems. Of course most of these builds are attainable, but I just wanted to let everyone know. To my knowledge these problems with the OS have not delayed the release of the Curve 8900, but if I do hear something like that I will be sure to let everyone know.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Also, of course there are newer OS versions than 4.6.1.76. The absolute newest is 4.6.1.101, but the OS's above .76 to .101 have some major bugs, from profiles not working, fatal exceptions upon boot, and browser problems. Of course most of these builds are attainable, but I just wanted to let everyone know. To my knowledge these problems with the OS have not delayed the release of the Curve 8900, but if I do hear something like that I will be sure to let everyone know.
    Thank you so much for all the insider insight

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    It was like that with 4.5, but I didn't see any of that stopping the daring! I know it didnt stop me!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    It was like that with 4.5, but I didn't see any of that stopping the daring! I know it didnt stop me!
    Yea for real, I was updating almost every WEEK.

Just added more fun to my summer, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    But the difference is that was at the start of 4.5. 4.6 has been around for a while now, and these bugs are in the later stages of 4.6.1. To have these kinds of bugs in the software this far along is not normal. It was a big mistake. But of course it will get fixed. Unlike with 4.5, on 4.6.1 if you stick with the earlier builds it better than the most recent ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast