I have the original Tmob .114 OS and I'm happy with it. My question is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Newer OS question

Advertisement

I have the original Tmob .114 OS and I'm happy with it. My question is very specific:
    1. Has anyone using a different/newer (nonbeta-won't do beta) OS noticed any different new cool features or bug fixes?
    2. I don't need better battery life and I don't need faster/snappier and my memory leak is acceptable. I'm totally good with .114 on those issues. I haven't noticed any glaring bugs that need fixing either, but I'm open to what others have noticed.
    3. Thanks for your suggestions.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    im using .124 and so far is ok for me, about the bugs i think is a little bit better than the .114, and thats it
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    I have the original Tmob .114 OS and I'm happy with it. My question is very specific:
    1. Has anyone using a different/newer (nonbeta-won't do beta) OS noticed any different new cool features or bug fixes?
    2. I don't need better battery life and I don't need faster/snappier and my memory leak is acceptable. I'm totally good with .114 on those issues. I haven't noticed any glaring bugs that need fixing either, but I'm open to what others have noticed.
    This is kind of a moot point in discussing the questions you have. OS .152 is I guess the last Official OS although I believe .168 is but Pinstack is not recognizing it as "official". All of the bug fixes/memory leaks/snappier UI you don't care about.

I'm using BETA .174 and it along with .168 addressed all of these issues you don't care about including betting UMA connections, clearer calls...etc.The OS that it shipped with has some bugs but if you're ok with it, then I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to find out.
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is there somewhere that details each version of what things it fixes and improves? That would help those decide if they should update or not. Otherwise, in general, if you're happy with the performance of your OS, it's fine to keep it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Is there somewhere that details each version of what things it fixes and improves? That would help those decide if they should update or not.
    Unfortunately not... It's trial and error. It usually takes a day or two to really find out if some of the things like battery life and such has been improved.

Overclocked @1Ghz

k9820986843 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256D62B2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    so what exactly are you expecting out of an OS upgrade if your ok with all this??generally people are looking for more core upgrades and fixes which improove phone performance.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Just an fyi... An OS is only a beta because a carrier has not officially picked it up under their name... For example if tmobile decides to take the Beta .174 OS and issue it, that exact same .174 will then become an Official OS...

Generally speaking, an OS improves as the last 3 digits get larger... Therefore .174 would be relatively better than whatever else is out there...

Just wanted to let you know that a BETA OS for blackberry isn't like a WINDOWS beta that isn't a final release yet and used for testing...

The word beta is incorrectly assigned here... These are all fully functional OSs with different improvements (RIM doesn't issue changelogs, so we don't know what's changed till someone experiments with it)...

Most OS upgrades will improve standard things... Better connectivity, better signal, better battery life, faster processing, better sound quality...

Hope this info is helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Just an fyi... An OS is only a beta because a carrier has not officially picked it up under their name... For example if tmobile decides to take the Beta .174 OS and issue it, that exact same .174 will then become an Official OS...

Generally speaking, an OS improves as the last 3 digits get larger... Therefore .174 would be relatively better than whatever else is out there...

Just wanted to let you know that a BETA OS for blackberry isn't like a WINDOWS beta that isn't a final release yet and used for testing...

The word beta is incorrectly assigned here... These are all fully functional OSs with different improvements (RIM doesn't issue changelogs, so we don't know what's changed till someone experiments with it)...

Most OS upgrades will improve standard things... Better connectivity, better signal, better battery life, faster processing, better sound quality...

Hope this info is helpful...
    Exactly....the "beta" name somehow takes on a bad persona. Like it's gonna brick your phone or something. The "beta" OS's have ALL been signed by RIM before being "leaked". If these weren't ready for consumer use, they would never see the light of day....

Overclocked @1Ghz

Hired no está en línea Stack level 2
    Not sure if you read any other of the posts/discussions but I think he might be refering to youtube issues? I myself am on the original OS that tmo uses (.114) and I haven't had any major problems other than a few hang up (I think do too the many programs I run on my). I might venture later on to do the upgrade just to have something to do with my phone....but until that day I'm plenty fine with the OS