Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys, Hope all is well, Well ive decided to take the plunge and have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Guru86 Guest

Newbie to Blackberry (8320)

Advertisement

Hey guys,

Hope all is well,

Well ive decided to take the plunge and have ordered the Blackberry 8320 Curve in Emerald Black on Orange UK.

What do i need to to initially set it up,

Can i link my Gmail to this?

Will all my messages save in my inbox for a while, if i was to access Blackberry will it be shown as open when i access my main PC?

Can i get video recording on this?

Ive heard operating system 4.5 is avaliable is it worthwhile me putting the new operating system on before setting up my blackberry. Is there instructions on how to do this every link i go to the website is blank is it official release or still beta will anything get affected it i was to update to this.

It was a toss up between this and the Bold, btut i thought as its my first Blackberry let me have a go as im not too techy but im looking forward to using the Push Email,

If i was to take it abroad can i disable the roaming so i dont get emails being charged a bomb whilw abroad.

Can Opera also be installed on the 8320 also.

Whats everyones thought on the 8320 in black any general issues with it etc? i liked it due to big keyboard and screen. Bold is excellent but as its my first blackberry i thought let me start simply

Everyone's thoughts on this would be really appreciated,

I look forward to hearing from yourself,

Regards,

Guru 86

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    4.5: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80023

Upgrade instructions: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Thought you might want to know the features in 4.5.

Link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...+features+list

And yes Opera Mini can be installed on it. Go to operamini.com via BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Welcome to the Stacks and you can find anything you need. Good links Heavy.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 09-01-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Asking member to search

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Guru86 Guest
    No one has really awnsered my question i know i should be searching the forums but like i said im brand new to the forum

Also have i made a mistake in going for a 8320 over the Bold i know they are completely different devices but i thought im a newbie let me start on the 8320 see how i like it then take it from there really.

Do i first set up the Blackberry before doing the Operating system upgrade etc is the final retail release or is it beta?

Any thoughts on this,

Regards,

Guru 86
    Last edited by Guru86; 08-28-2008 at 04:10 AM. Reason: changing of words

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    ~via BB 8320~
    Guru, welcome! 1st yes you can set up Gmail. I don't use it so I can't give you first hand info on it, but I hear its very nice. Yes you need to upgrade to 4.5. To get the most out of your 8320. Video cam etc. Heavy posted the links with all the features & instructions. Yes Opera can be installed & works great! Go to operamini.com from your curve to install. Since its your 1st BB, you'll be more than satisfied with the curve, but the Bold is the top of the line. There is an official 4.5 release. Just follow the link heavy posted! Personally I would have went for the Bold but you can't go wrong with the 8320 its a great choice as well. Hope this helped..

Guru86 Guest

Thanks for the response,

I also wanted to know what do you think i should do, when i first recieve it etc.

I did want to know, is it worth while i set up the initial device setup along with the email before doing the 4.5 update.

Or do i do visa versa, is the 4.5 update the official one will i see extra changes and will it effect my device. Ive been reading horror stories of indiviuduals BB's bricking etc. Will it make it faster etc in running the BB.

Anything else i need to do upon getting it out of the box etc.

Regards,

Guru 86

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    the 8320 is still a very good phone. Right now you have no experience with blackberry, so start low as a white belt(curve) then finish with a black belt(bold).

Wait for the 2nd or 3rd series of the bold(9020,9030). My bro got the 8320 today for $49.99 at newegg.com with 2yr contract.

Guru86 Guest

Initial Setup

I also wanted to know what do you think i should do, when i first recieve it etc.

I did want to know, is it worth while i set up the initial device setup along with the email before doing the 4.5 update.

Or do i do visa versa, is the 4.5 update the official one will i see extra changes and will it effect my device. Ive been reading horror stories of indiviuduals BB's bricking etc. Will it make it faster etc in running the BB.

Anything else i need to do upon getting it out of the box etc.

Anyone post me the official link for the full OEM software update for 4.5 inc instructions etc.

Regards,

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    For my bro who got it today, first... setup emails, get the themes going, install some applications,get latest Desktop manager(4.6), then up the OS.

https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=dcNdMSUiq

Guru86 Guest
    Thanks for that,

I also heard, the original factory settings themes would be wiped is this true?

When i do set everything up would i need to reinstall everything e.g. Opera, Google Talk etc.

yesimag no está en línea Stack level 2
    Good luck with the 8320, I just got one myself, first blackberry. I'm already hooked, been tinkering around with it for the last few days. Pretty soon I think I'll have to break out the java compiler again and start writing apps.

I'm still looking for a java compiler that works on the blackberry so I could write apps on there without having to transfer between my pc and whatnot.

lbdagreat no está en línea Stack level 2
    Iupgraped to the O.S 4.5 about a month ago maybe longer and other then the occasional battery pull its more then great. I just found this site and it's the truth, roc boy salute to all mods etc.

Guru86 Guest
    Ive recieved my Blackberry 8320 today in the post and im really excited in using it.

Can anyone advise me what do i need to do first ive just bought my first Blackberry so i wont know everything.

Is it advisable i set everything up including the E-mail and all other stuff before proceeding in the upgrade of the operating system to 4.5?

Generally speaking is it easy to set up my phone is on Orange UK and its really slick.

Also i wanted to ask does the Black 8320 get scratched easily with the case provided and are the keys prone to rubbing off with excessive use it just looks like cheap paint has been used for the keys when manufacturing?

Anything else anyone recommends when setting up.

Ive been reading ppl have been having problems with the 8320 upgrade e.g. Wifi not working Ringtones not working and original factory themes disappearing can someone put me out of my misery and tell me how i should do the upgrade.

Is it worthwhile i do the upgrade first then set up the e-mail.

Regards,

Guru86

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I personally wopuld upgrade then start setting things up.
    save a headache imo that way you don't have to worry about saving info before it's deleted.
    I got my curve probably 2 months ago and I love this phone!!
    you wont be sorry you got it.
    and keep asking questions here this forum is GREAT!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast