Hey everyone, great site! I love my new curve, turning into a crackhead! Anyway, a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jhickie no está en línea Stack level 2

newbie questions

Advertisement

Hey everyone, great site! I love my new curve, turning into a crackhead! Anyway, a couple of questions.

Anyone know of any new news about the 4.5 update for Sprint customers? I really want to get some themes but they all seem to be compatible only with 4.5. Also, anyone know of some kind of snow resort info/report app out there? I'm on the hunt for some cool apps for my new toy.
    Thanks, and awesome forum again!

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to the site man, I hope you enjoy it here.

I am not sure if there is one out for Sprint yet or not. Most people are using beta versions of 4.5 right now. Mostly Bell South to be exact.

I am sure someone will come here after me and clarify things a little bit better then I did.

There are most likely some themes on the site that are compatible with 4.2 and 4.3 you just have to look around the themes with in the site.
    And I haven't seen any apps of the such, but if I happen to do so, I will be glad to let you know.
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    Welcome!
    U can use any OS as long as it is device specific, i.e. If you have a 8330 u can use an upgrade from another carrier as long as u use the 8330 OS. Just make sure to follow the directions and delete the vendor file.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There are a few official OS out there and where as they are not sprint they seem to work well from all I have read. I have the cell south 4.5 on my alltel curve and no issues. Give it a try and if you don't like it just downgrade back to your original OS.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey, thanks everyone for the info! I can't wait for the 4.5 update mainly because of Docs2Go and HTML emailing. I'm a noob to this though (just starting to figure out DM) so I think I'll wait for the official release from Sprint, if it happens in my lifetime that is.

Still haven't found an app to satisfy my snow report needs (I snowboard constantly in the winter) so if anyone has heard of one let me know!

I did find some really cool apps though if anyone wants to know...

(must haves of course)
    Google Apps
    Pocket Express
    Viigo

(awsome, free!)
    Car Finder
    gWhiz

gWhiz is the coolest app I have found yet, its from Google. Great for students!

Let me know if anyone finds or knows of something free and cool!

Thanks!

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    There is an app. called empower that will give you HTML e-mail viewing on your curve as long as you have OS 4.2 or above. I've been using it for awhile now and it works great! It will cost you about $30 but it is well worth it! If you go to empower.com you can find it there.

I got tired of waiting for an official release of 4.5 for Verizon and didn't really want to use a Beta version.

dem125 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30270A75
    Hey wut does gWhiz do ?

It's kind of hard to explain, check out the link to the page. Its actually three programs in one - a graphing calculator, a flash card tool for memorization of anything, and a reference tool. And you can download new info from their server for free or you can sync it with your Google Docs. Pretty cool! I am currently using it to help me learn Spanish when I am not home.