Hello, After years of using windows mobile phones, I finally converted to blackberry--2 days ago! ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kankan no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie needs help w/ 8320 curve (re: msg folder)

Advertisement

Hello,

After years of using windows mobile phones, I finally converted to blackberry--2 days ago!
    I am using the 8320 curve Sunset from T-mobile.

I figured out how to set up my emails and have a couple of personal accounts set up (gmail and yahoo). I separated the SMS and Emails using the Options menu (while in messages) and now I have icons for each personal email account, sms/ mms icon as well as general messages account.

Is there anyway to get rid of the general messages account? I would rather view each account separately then to try to figure out what's what...

Thanks in advance for your help..

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can hide the general messages folder. While on yoyur main page with all your icons, hover over/highlight the messages folder, click the menu key and select "Hide"

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hello, congratulations on your switch. I'm sure that once you get the hang of things you are going to love and enjoy your blackberry. Yes, the above answer is correct... That way you can go into each account separate. However, I did the exact opposite.. I hided all the individual emails accounts and left just the one that compiles everything. I like keeping things simple. Plus, you can also check with what account you received it from and write emails using your desired email account. But, that's just me. You have your answer above. Once again, welcome to the blackberry world. Cua BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    A third-party add-on called Empower lets you color-code messages based on the account they belong to. With it you can also get images in html emails automatically.

Hopefully a future version odf BB OS will add features like these.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hide is the better option~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Keep in mind that it you receive pin messages from other bb users, they will automatically go into your main messages folder. And those can't be separated. I'm not talking about bb messenger but regular pin messages. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kankan no está en línea Stack level 1
    You guys are fantastic! Thanks so much.

I'm sure I will have PLENTY of questions, it's nice to know that help is just an post away!

You mentioned blackberry pin...that's only for communication with other BB users right?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Correct, PIN messaging is BB to BB only