i am fairly new to pinstack i have downloaded a few themes, but what i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

newbe

Advertisement

i am fairly new to pinstack i have downloaded a few themes, but what i need to know (and yall can more than likely help) is how to keep my verizon bb curve from slowing down, sometimes it takes a while to load anything on the phone and other times it comes up quick.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    There are a lot of things you can do to help with speed. You can use alt LGLG to bring up the log files and clear them.

Also you can go to your browser and make sure to clear the cache. Make sure programs you are not using are closed and get rid of any apps or themes you don't need or use and make sure to move all ringtones, music files and pics to your SD card. Try all of these along with doing a battery pull or resetting using right (alt) left (shift) (delete) daily or every other day.

And welocome to PinStack.

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    thank u been looking for a way to reset without having to take my batter out every time i have an otter box on mine so it is a small task to do so, i have an 8gb card and i took out a lot of programs that i never use like the mobile im, the task feature, and some custom themes i dont use anymore and i clear my cache quite often but it still running sluggish, i will try the reset commmand and see if that helps.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Go to options-securityoptions-memory cleaning-on status it will read disabled, click it and change it to enabled

select yes to clean when hi=olstered

select yes to clean when idle

idle time out to 1 hour

show idle on home screen yes

exit using the back arrow and save

go to menu screen and click on it. It will automatically clean your memory.

When you do a battery pull or change themes you will have to redo this and reload it.

good luck.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    also check all unneeded msg and call logs. Clear out what you don't need that will free some too.

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    All of the above mentioned things are great ways to improve the speed that your phone interacts with you. However, I'm afraid that in the case of the 8330 themes are a speed killer hands down to the phone. I've used so many beautiful and aesthetically pleasing themes on my phone that take advantage of OS4.5 and whatnot, but the fact is, I still lose the speed that I had with my Verizon theme that came with the phone.

Try to keep a simple theme on the phone, also hiding unused icons on the main page and removing unused applications from the Advanced Options menu will help drastically.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army