I've searched the forums inside and out and couldnt find a clear answer. I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Pytheas123 no está en línea Stack level 1

New user w/2 questions

Advertisement

I've searched the forums inside and out and couldnt find a clear answer.

I have a Red 8310 w\ AT&T, running version 4.2.2.170. And have the data\internet unlimited plan.

Question 1: Is activating the telenav\AT&T Navigator worth the $10 bucks a month? I have downloaded Google Maps and the gps seems to be working well. Other than the step by step voice directions offered with telenav. Is it really worth it?

Question 2: I have setup my yahoo mail on my 8310, however the yahoo emails are going into my "messages" folder with my sms texts. I have changed the theme as other threads have suggested. After changing themes, rebooting BB and resending new emails, the yahoo emails are still going into my "messages" folder along with my sms texts. I have tried all the themes that are preloaded on my bb. Any other suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Welcome to PinStack

regarding question 2...

have you tried going into the options menu of the messages screen?

messages>options>general>scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes>select separate

doing that will separate youre inboxes by SMS/MMS and each individual email account
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Question 1: In my opinion, it's not worth it...Google Maps does just fine.

Question 2: All messages go into "Messages" folder by default, including missed calls, voice mail, etc. Your individual folders for email accounts will separate them. I use the messages folder more than the individual account folders...seems easier for me. Hope this helps.

Pytheas123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Welcome to PinStack

regarding question 2...

have you tried going into the options menu of the messages screen?

messages>options>general>scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes>select separate

doing that will separate youre inboxes by SMS/MMS and each individual email account
    lucky13,
    I have tried that as well, not only does it not seperate the messages when "seperate" is selected, it hides all my sms texts in my "messages" folder as well.
    Last edited by Pytheas123; 04-16-2008 at 12:20 PM.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Pytheas123 View Post
    lucky13,
    I have tried that as well, not only does it not seperate the messages when "seperate" is selected, it hides all my sms texts in my "messages" folder as well.
    well if you did not hide the folder called "Messages" you will still see the SMS and email messages there when receiving it on top of seeing them in the separate folders

what i did was hide the messages folder so that i only saw the SMS/MMS and separate email folders on my home screen.

as for the separate option not even working...im not too sure what to do about that but ill do some looking around for you and see what i can find

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ive tried Telenav and I rather Google Maps. I dont believe it is worth the money for it. Thats my .02

PIN/ID
    N/A
    hey also try the following after selecting separate in the message options.

options>advanced>host routing table>highlight bolded numbers>menu>register

and try resending yourself the service books from your service provider's website.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Try also live search its a good one too for all the service it has is not worth it to pay the 10 a month unless your 24 7 on the road
    Wls.live.com

Thats the ota download link for live search you can search for near by movies show times directions and mobile gps maps

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm doing a 30 day trial of Telenav right now and I'm less than impressed. I really wanted the voice directions.....but in my area the maps are so outdated.

I live in the Phoenix valley in AZ, and I know it's growing at a phenominal rate and I don't expect perfection. But my street doesn't exist on their maps....my house is over 6 years old and there's one house on my st. that's over 20 yrs old but they still don't have my street.

Also, when I was experimenting and having it give me directions to my bank, it told me the wrong side of the road....said destination on left, but it was on the right.

So, imo....Telenav definitely not worth the $10, unless it gets updated, it's not even worth half that to me....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4