Hi guys, How do you know if there are new software updates to the BB? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

baller99 no está en línea Stack level 2

New Updates

Advertisement

Hi guys,

How do you know if there are new software updates to the BB? Like the new OS version? And how do you download the new updates? Thanks.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What carrier do you have? Usualy pinstack will know about a new OS right when it is released or before it is.

baller99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have Verizon.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by baller99 View Post
    Hi guys,

How do you know if there are new software updates to the BB? Like the new OS version? And how do you download the new updates? Thanks.
    You can check for it periodically at places like this, or this, or

Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    What carrier do you have? Usualy pinstack will know about a new OS right when it is released or before it is.
    as dallas said, it's usually posted in the stacks. One way or another, word gets around.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Hmm, with verizon I don't know where to get your updates. BlackBerry dot com should have the new OS's. It does not matter if your carrier has a certain OS for itself. You can use any OS for your device as long as it is made for your BB. Example, I have tmo and a pearl. To update I go to tmobile.com/bbupgrade. Their newest OS is 4.2.1.107 I can download that or get 4.2.1.109 from, I think, att. I can use either one, not much of a difference though. Does that make sense? Just in case you don't know about that.

SQFreak no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you want VZW-specific updates (I.e the ones that VZW releases), go to http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry (I think that's right...)

Any update for the 8330 can be used on a VZW 8330. You just have to delete the vendor.xml file. The instructions are typically posted in with the sticky announcing the new software.