Hi gang! I hope that you can help me. I got a Curve for Christmas ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Blznsun no está en línea Stack level 1

New to Curve, emails not working properly.

Advertisement

Hi gang! I hope that you can help me. I got a Curve for Christmas to replace my Pearl that I have loved for a long time. I used the Blackberry Desktop Manager to change devices thinking that was the way to do it and my personal Yahoo emails haven't been coming through. I have icons but no mail showing up. When I send test messages they come through.

I have deleted them and started over and now I have a Yahoo mail icon on the desktop and no email account for Yahoo on the phone (I deleted them and wanted to start over).

Here are my questions:
    1. How can I delete an icon on the desktop?
    2. Why are each of my email accounts showing the same email address in "General Settings:? (example: me@aol.com, in General Settings it shows me@yahoo.com)
    3. How can I get everything wiped off this phone so I can start over and NOT use the Desktop Manager?

Please help, I want to love this phone and in reality it is making me want to toss it out a window.

Thanks!

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    You can search the web for how to do a hard reset on the blackberry. but you can log into the BIS site to modify the email addresses. The settings are universal for all mailboxes thats why you see it that way under general settings. The best way to wipe the phone i found is to use the Desktop Manager which you can download for free if you dont have it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    A hard reset is to pull the battery out of the phone. The other way to wipe the device is to go to Options>Security>General Settings. Hit the menu button and choose Wipe Handheld. Type in the word blackberry and it will wipe.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    And regarding the email issue, did you re-register the new phone on the network using the Host Routing Table? Resend the service books from the Setup/Manage Internet Email icon on your homescreen?