Hey guys, Great Forum! I am new to the BB and I have a quick ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jailbird1818 no está en línea Stack level 1

New to BB and here, quick Curve/Pearl question

Advertisement

Hey guys, Great Forum! I am new to the BB and I have a quick question.

I have a BB Pearl on Sprint and I like it. I am traveling to Europe and I need a phone that works there so I signed up with AT&T and got a Curve to give it a try. I have 30 days to return it If I don't like it.

My question is simple, on the Pearl when web browsing, the trackball controlls a pointer just like a mouse. The Curve doesn't. Is there any way to have the Curve do this? My firmware version is 4.2

Thanks for any help!

-Brian
    Last edited by Jailbird1818; 05-16-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    what version of the software are you using on the pearl??
    also the software version out there for the curve that has that option is not officially out yet

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Try Opera Mini. 3rd party browser that is good.

mini.opera.com

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    no the att 8310 can not have browser like a mouse,not 4.2 out of the box. use att untill you get back and return it,edge is little too slow. i have both my kids have 8310 edge,and wife and i have EVDO,u know how fast.hope this helps
    Last edited by VETT98; 05-16-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    Mike

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Don't mind me saying but what makes you think that the pearl in Europe ? Ok I'm from the uk but have travelled around Europe with no network problems. According to my provider I would no problems in the states.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    go to your browser and open a site, then click menu and go up to "desktop view", that will give you the cursor that you can move around on screen, but you will really have to scroll because everything will not be compressed to fit on screen like it does in "mobile view"....hope this helps

Jailbird1818 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for all of the replys! I've been using AT&T for a bit and I think I will stay with Sprint. I really like the full keyboard of the Curve so I might take a look at the 8330 when I get back.

For now i'll give the opera mini a try.

-stuart B, in the US there are different network types. My Pearl is on Sprint so it is a CDMA network. Europe uses a GSM network so I had to get a GSM phone from AT&T. Kind of a pain but at least I get to give the Curve a try.

Thanks again for all of the help!

-Brian