I just upgraded the software and most of my apps are solid. native AIM with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

southof14th no está en línea Stack level 1

New Tmobile 4.5 software upgrade conflicting with any of ur apps!???

Advertisement

I just upgraded the software and most of my apps are solid. native AIM with a full buddy list (mine is over 200) is finally up, gtalk, facebook (though my icon disappeared so i had to re OTA it), and the video camera works great. Also, the web is running crisp and fast (dimemag,espn,gizmodo, boinboing.net all work great)...

MY ONE PROBLEM: i use a stowaway think outside bluetooth keyboard in school which is the best accesory for a blackberry in a classrroom. battery lasts forever, when you're bored, write emails and surf the web. problem is the new software seems to conflict with it. when i click the app to connect the bluetooth keyboard, it says "Uncaught exception: Layout requested during layout" and i can't connect it (this comes up when i first turn my phone on as well.

ANY HELP or suggestions?....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you tried deleting and re-adding the keyboard from your bluetooth devices? Sometimes that's all it takes to get back up and running.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    A battery pull might be in order as well!

tried both the delete and readd of bluetooth devices as well as the battery pull. when deleting, the keyboard is able to be paired up once again but when clicking onto the app (stowaway.alx), the "Uncaught exception: Layout requested during layout" pops up and i'm unable to fix the problem.

Any other ideas?

Found this on the web with the same issue:

[FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif]Hi I have a Shasta Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard for BlackBerry. It and the latest driver obtained from your site, work fine with my BlackBerry 8830 World Edition. However when we try with my wife's BlackBerry 8130 (running the latest 4.3 OS), the Stowaway application gets the following error on startup: Uncaught exception: Layout requested during layout The keyboard was successfully paired with the BlackBerry. I am wondering if this is an incompatibility problem with the latest BlackBerry OS.[/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif]And the sites response:[/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif]Hi Adrian,
    The reason you get that error is because we are not compatible with the Blackberry 8130. The keyboards have been discontinued and there will be no further driver or compatibility updates.

Best Regards,
    iGo Product Support

What now? Is there any 3rd party software or anything i could do to get this to run?

[/FONT][FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif][/FONT]

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I use the Freedom Universal Keyboard and I love it. I'm using it right now to type this message because I am sitting in a meeting that it is not too interesting so I'm responding to posts here on the "Stacks".

I've had no problems with my keyboard and have used it with my 8703, 8830, and now 8330.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Gray Beard no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem of having to re-install Facebook. BeeJiveIM (nee JiveTalk) had to be updated also.

My main problem at the moment is battery life stinks if WiFi is enabled.

omaska no está en línea Stack level 1
    When applying the 4.5.0.81 update, it wanted to downgrade my gtalk, so I choose to have it removed and I reinstalled ota later.

So far no problems

found a company, mymobilegear, which makes drivers for fold up bluetooth keyboards. problem solved. works flawlessly.