How do I change the e-mail and text message notifier? BB8310... BlackBerry Curve forum

bronxowl no está en línea Stack level 1

new text notifier

Advertisement

How do I change the e-mail and text message notifier?
    BB8310

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Profiles>Advanced>Menu>Edit
    Set tones for SMS(Text) messages as well as the appropriate email

I must have a different phone, because them options don't appear.......this is becoming frustrating now

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Hi, I'll see if i can help ya. Hit on the volume icon then you'll have a buncha options: loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, phone only, off, as you scroll down you'll see one that says advanced hit on that. Now the one you're using should be highlighted. click on that...then you're gonna see a whole buncha options after that browser, calendar, level 1 messages, messenger alert, messenger: new message, MMS, phone, push to talk alert, pusth to talk message, sms text, if you have windows mobile installed on your bb then you will also have the option to change the notifier for it: windows live messenger alert, windows live messenger new message. Well, since you wanna change the message notifier: select the one for that particular email, sms or mms or wlm of which you want to change it to you're gonna see the options vibrate+tone under it you'll see *Tune* click on that and select the ringtone or notifier of your preference. Once that's done you click on the applications key and select *Save* otherwise it will not save the tune you have selected and remain as it was before all of this. sounds like a lot but it's not. I just wanted to walk you through every step so that you don't mess up. if you have any problems you can pin me and i'll help ya Good luck dude or dudette.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Thanks for the clarification on my post Raton, it was the early AM and my brain couldn't function that verbosely

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on my post Raton, it was the early AM and my brain couldn't function that verbosely

No worries we're all here to pitch in. I just hope our friend got his/her bb to work properly.

Thanks for that, sorted now

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxowl View Post
    I must have a different phone, because them options don't appear.......this is becoming frustrating now
    That works on my 8310. Are you sure you're in Profiles?