I got one but what kind of glue i can use to stick it on ... BlackBerry Curve forum
New screen lens?
I got one but what kind of glue i can use to stick it on face?
I would look for a really strong double sided tape. glue could get messy. check a craft store like micheals or jo-ann perhaps
they might have a very small width tape which would be good, but if they dont you could always trim it to fit.
just make sure its stong. dont get like scotch or something like that. make sure its strong. I cant think of a brand right now, but if you ask an associate they will know.
No luck Any1 ran through this before can suggest a brand? online anything i can buy
hey man, my friend used rubber cement and masking tape.
this is what he told me and he did this for many phones that couldnt fit double sided tape (including his pearl) so it should work for you with some patience!
Remove the housing from your Berry before doing any of the following:
I am not liable if you screw up so proceed only after researching and you feel confident to do this.
1. Removed all excess leftover adhesive from both the housing and screen(if it has it)
2. taped(masked) the inside of the screen and the housing (in and sides)
3. cut away the tape where the housing and screen would touch (the spot where the double sided tape would usually go) use a fine tip e-xacto knife, you don't need to cut deep just score and peel (keeps the screen safe that way)
4. lightly sand the area exposed. not sure if he said 600 grit but should be fine anyways.
5. rubber cement the area with a thin coat and let dry for at least 15 mins
6. VERY IMPORTANT! THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL! if you trust yourself to place the screen onto the housing evenly skip to step 7 if you don;t then get some really soapy water and wet down both sides and place together slide it in the proper fit and pinch tight (use rubber bands if available) and let it dry for at least 24 hours minimum.
7. Place screen onto housing( start with a corner point then lay a side then flat across,( same as putting on a screen protector) if you followed the directions properly and you didnt put your screen on backwards or sideways (or you didnt pinch the tape) then you should be able to peel away the masking tape and enjoy your new screen.
hope this helps
FYI: these aren't detailed instructions on how to do it flawlessly so take your time, have some patience and wish for steady hands. I am not responsible for your mistakes so only proceed with caution and my forwarning that your probably better off getting a new housing!
I have heard people using rubber cement. I am not sure if anything else was used. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
I would think rubber cement would have a high probability of damaging the housing if you tried to remove the lens later. That's why I though of the tape. I've seen it before on OEM lenses for other electronics. It makes it stay, but can be removed (with some force) with minimal damage.
i just searched online and some people have seem automotive quality double sided tape from 3m at auto stores.
if you could find a thin enough foam core tape that would work well.
It says it includes a mounting adhesive. I know you already have a cover, but it might be worth it to either contact them about what they provide, or just buy a new cover, just to make sure you don't mess up. That would be my concern.
Originally Posted by lalctaylor
sounds like a good option.
I got the black version and i like it also i thought it comes with the glue in the back of the screen i got... I really dont know what to use now so i can go buy it : )
i suppose you could try a good spray adhesive if you tape off the proper areas (clear region). I would think spray adhesive would be safer than rubber cement. again the priority for the adhesive used would be strength without being a danger to damaging the device.
Spray adhesive seems the easiest and thanks for every1 input : )
Tags for this Thread