I upgraded for the first time, because T-mo released the upgrade. Terrible memory leak. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

New OS terrible Memory leak

Advertisement

I upgraded for the first time, because T-mo released the upgrade. Terrible memory leak. I used to lose less than 1 gig a day. Now I lose 8-10 gig a day, and the only way to get them back is to soft reset. I would say if you don't have an issue, to stay with the original OS.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Which OS did you go to. Memory may be more of a problem with some than others - however, if you don't have a problem with your "original" release staying on it may be the best choice for now.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    If you really want to stay with the official tmo release, you might want to stay with 4.2. I've got 4.5.93, and have hardly any problems with memory leaks. Some versions of the os are better than others.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    th,

I've got the 8320 with .81 on it and, although it does have memory loss, it's not that severe. It maybe one of your applications (?) that you're running. Look for an application that updates automatically and accumulates info - that might be the culprit. As an example, AP Mobile News, uncontrolled, seems to take a lot of battery AND memory in my experience. Good luck!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com