i tried to install the Singapore Telecom v4.2.2.184 / 2.5.0.40 OS everything went fine until ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vonpuch no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down new OS has put my blackberry into a coma

Advertisement

i tried to install the Singapore Telecom v4.2.2.184 / 2.5.0.40 OS everything went fine until it was restoring my device at the end of the installation then i got the app error 523, i reset it, tried to restore with my backup and got the same app 523 error, what do i do now???

-edit- i tried resetting it from the 2nd app523 screen and its the new OS but i have no radio signal and it says i have no mobile network???

-2nd edit- instead of trying to restore it from the loader backup, i used an older backup and now everything is fine, i have signal on AT&T. does anyone know why this happened and should i even try to install the newer OS at this point?

-3rd edit(sorry )- says newer version and platform have been installed on my device under About, i don't know what happened, but everything seems to be fine, freaked out for a sec. However, if anyone knows for my future reference or anyone else's, what exactly happened??
    Last edited by vonpuch; 02-19-2008 at 09:41 AM.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Re: new OS has put my blackberry into a coma

VONPUCH- Check this thread out here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

Same thing happened to me over the holidays. Singapore OS .184 jacked up completely jacked my 8320.

Be patient. I followed the instructions 6 times and waited 35+ minutes after the last try and finally got my Curve back.

Good Luck

(IMHO- .184 Singapore is buggy/corrupted/something- I had an 8700g before and updated it half a dozen times without an problem. I also updated several of my friends and my GF's 8100's - many times as well, without incident. Hey but thats just my opinion)
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

vonpuch no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: new OS has put my blackberry into a coma

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks pequero, I've had the new OS for almost a day, haven't noticed any problems. I do notice though that my blackberry in general seems to be going a bit faster and the memory leak is not that bad.