Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RIM has released the newest OS for the Blackberry 8350i. It is the 4.6.1.112 not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kaegk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31239D55

Smile New OS for Nextel

Advertisement

RIM has released the newest OS for the Blackberry 8350i. It is the 4.6.1.112 not sure whats included in the new software. I can say that if you are regulary connecting to the Desktop software the BB seems to download and run the update itself. Caution this takes about a good solid hour to complete! I managed to Brick a 8350i doing an update, however the other five I did worked flawless.

New in the update a couple new folders are created, first is an empty Sports and Entertainment
    folder. Odly enough it also created a Direct Send Message folder that doesnt seem to open. Dont really know what Direct Send Message do, but perhaps this is a later expansion.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    You can direct send pictures to other's via PTT. Thats what the folder is for, any files that you rec via PTT. The update is to fix the MMS problem that about half of the users have had since the 8350i came out, it also removes the bug report option. So far thats about all I've seen it do. I have had the update for a few days now and ok, no fancy thrills just glad my MMS is finally fixed!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

PIN/ID
    Apple
    As I stated in the thread that was moved , I connected to RIMs site and looked for the upgrade for my device and it said I was already running the latest software. Any thoughts
    ~via Bold
    ~

nyjustice125 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    402CCB22
    how do i get the update, under the BB desktop manager it says there are no updates

kaegk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31239D55
    That's odd. You are not the only person who has had that issue. The sprint folks said to try re-installing the desktop software again from RIM. They said some of the installation cd's were not working properly. I just plugged into my computer and the update window popped up automatically. Perhaps you might try that

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm loading the new OS right now, i recieved an email from RIM yesterday telling me that it was avalible. we'll see what happens.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    OK, I uploaded the new OS. its .128(225). Just finished the update so I will report on anything I find in the next couple of days.

roboteacher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    321FED7A
    I just installed the latest OS .128 via the lates DM. It was very smooth. There were no issues at all. The only complaint I have is the streaming speed is terrible for music (flycast....). My wife's 8330 on Sprint screams and her blackberry as a modem isn't bad either. Maybe someday we'll have those working too.
    "Luck is the residue of design"

*Branch Richie

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Well , sending my 8350i back for a new one. I was hoping that the new OS would fix some of the issues as far as random cutting off, freezing screen and not being able to place calls. It helped but stills freezes and the call issue is there occasionally. So this one is going back, I have 3 other 8350i's that I keep up at work, none of these have the issues mine has had. As far as the flycast app I don't use my 8350i for it as I have a bold for all my major apps. Also there is a new folder in the messaging, has anyone gotten it to work?~via Bold~

chadf3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i uploaded the new os will it fix that i cant open some MMs attachments or is that a seperate issue

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by chadf3 View Post
    i uploaded the new os will it fix that i cant open some MMs attachments or is that a seperate issue
    I belive that this fixes the mms issue.

vair327 no está en línea Stack level 1

no gps

Just loaded 4.6.1.128 for my 8350i and now I have no gps. Anyone else run into this?

Had to search way to hard to find this update ,it almost seems that they don't want anyone to update. They also still did not fix the bluetooth only phone ring.

wmc1958 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Your right, that update is hard to find. Downloaded with DM last week and lost my OTA internet connection. the "HOTSPOT" connection is my only option now. I guess I"ll take it in for another new one.

cdisciascio no está en línea Stack level 1
    I lost my gps too....I found the password to my telenav was the last 4 of my phone #...then it worked fine...except for the weak gps signal i get all the time.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by wmc1958 View Post
    Your right, that update is hard to find. Downloaded with DM last week and lost my OTA internet connection. the "HOTSPOT" connection is my only option now. I guess I"ll take it in for another new one.
    Go to setup>email setup> resend service books. This should solve you browser issue.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast