I can't post the link cuz I'm not level2 yet. >.< its on blackberry.com I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jvega926 no está en línea Stack level 1

new os for 8330?

Advertisement

I can't post the link cuz I'm not level2 yet. >.<
    its on blackberry.com I found it by googling: 8330 4.5 os. Its the second returned search

Its says
    Package version 4.5.0.82
    Apps version 4.5.0.56

I'm still new to all this so lemme no if I should take a chance with this or go with .51 or .52 instead. Or stick with my 4.3 until I can get a mini sd card to back my stuff up first.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    DM will back up what ever you need to be backed up, unless you mean backing up music I highly recommend getting a micro sd. you have the 8330? mine came with a 1gb are you with sprint/verizon? I'd like to know what the OS actually does before I go downloading it. I had .69 (I think it was) and it didnt do anything but cause a memory leak.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jvega926 View Post
    I can't post the link cuz I'm not level2 yet. >.<
    its on blackberry.com I found it by googling: 8330 4.5 os. Its the second returned search

Its says
    Package version 4.5.0.82
    Apps version 4.5.0.56

I'm still new to all this so lemme no if I should take a chance with this or go with .51 or .52 instead. Or stick with my 4.3 until I can get a mini sd card to back my stuff up first.
    Thanks for the heads up, however this release was already posted in the RIM BlackBerry News thread.

Go ahead and get your microSD card, but these upgrades are relatively easy to perform, plus you have the support of everyone here at PinStack to assist you with questions or issues.

Good luck!

Roger

jvega926 no está en línea Stack level 1
    When it backs up ur info that includes ringtones pics etc right?

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    I do not believe so but I may be wrong, from my experience the ring tones and pics etc if on the device memory wont be backed up. Just information within the phone, such as address book, text messages etc.

If you have a MicroSD Card, you can have everything saved there, and that wont be affected by the upgrade at all. Just to be safe though, if the files are on your device memory. you can simply transfer the files toyour computer using the BB Desktop Manager Media application, and transfer it back to your BB once you are up and running!
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Yes, (Pics/music-if on card not device.)just some 3rd party ota's might not transfer.
    One thing that I believe you might want to do is make sure you have updated your DTM (Desktop Manager) to 4.5...same as the OS. I am still collecting data, but most people who have issues installing are/were using 4.3 DTM to install a 4.5 OS...this might be causing a conflict. I have not collected enough data to say this for 100%, but it's leaning that way. I have a flawless transition using DTM 4.6. Just FYI.
    Last edited by Jbee; 08-14-2008 at 01:00 PM.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    You know, everyone is giving you great information(that's why I love PinStack)...

I am using a Sprint 8330, 4.5.0.51 OS, and the 4.5 DM

I haven't had any problems what so ever with my version of 4.5. OS

Feel free to PIN me or PM me if you need help with anything...I am on my Blackberry probably 20 hrs a day...lol

Hit me up
    D-Tole

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by dtole View Post
    You know, everyone is giving you great information(that's why I love PinStack)...

I am using a Sprint 8330, 4.5.0.51 OS, and the 4.5 DM

I haven't had any problems what so ever with my version of 4.5. OS

Feel free to PIN me or PM me if you need help with anything...I am on my Blackberry probably 20 hrs a day...lol

Hit me up
    That's Hard-Core! I like your style! 20hrs, just does not seem like enough....